Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Airbag Code 52 help

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Timbrazer, June 24, 2009.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
Tags:
  1. Timbrazer

Timbrazer New Member

Hey everyone,

I am new here.

I have been searching and searching around for more answers on help with Airbag code 52. My airbag light flashes 5 times, pause, then 2 times. I have found the reason on many forums including here. What I did was I took the airbag fuse out instead of the 4X4 fuse out of the Power Distribution box under my hood and drove around for a couple of minutes with it out.

I know there is nothing wrong with my airbags since I just removed the fuse and put it back in. But now that this code is in the NVRAM, the airbags won't deploy in an accident.

I am currently trying the on/off ignition trick where you turn the ignition on and off 256 or so times and the code will be cleared from memory.

My question:

Is there any special way to do this?

Can I just flick the key back and forth?

Do I have to wait till the code flashes and then the airbag light stays lit and then shut it off and repeat?

Do I have to shut it off before it flashes the code?

Is there any little thing of just the right time to shut it off and then turn it on again?

I am just really confused. I've been sitting in my car 30-45 min. here or there just turning it on and off and I've lost count. I'm not sure if I have done it 256 times...

These are the forums I have read so far.
    http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=154053
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/25500-air-bag-light-flashing.html

Thanks for any help you can give me :)

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Timbrazer

Timbrazer New Member

This has been resolved.

This has been resolved.

We Support Our Troops!