Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Airbag Light 03 Explorer

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by BigMikeyDeez, February 8, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. BigMikeyDeez

BigMikeyDeez New Member

City, State:
    Scottsdale. Arizona
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    03' Sport Trac
    Hey,
    For a few months now there has been this orange man with a seatbelt across him right next to my spedometer. I looked in the manual and it says to bring it in to be serviced immediately because the airbag may not function in a collision. Another note is the guy only comes on every once in a while. It may happen in the morning or in the afternoon. Any fixes or suggestions?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. ncranchero

ncranchero Co-moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Denver,NC
    '94 F150 4x4 SWB 4.9L
    Does it blink when it comes on or come on solid? Low battery voltage at starting will make it come on solid but blinking indicates a fault, count the blink sequence it's a 2 digit number that repeats itself. Post back with that info.

4. BigMikeyDeez

BigMikeyDeez New Member

City, State:
    Scottsdale. Arizona
    03' Sport Trac
    It will blink for a number of times and then it will go solid after a little. I think it blinks about 4 times?

5. ncranchero

ncranchero Co-moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Denver,NC
    '94 F150 4x4 SWB 4.9L
    Well that's like me saying "I think there is something wrong with you air bag"

As stated in my first reply "count the blink sequence it's a 2 digit number that repeats itself. Post back with that info".

It's like ** **** ** **** ** **** ** **** and that is 24. Without that code we can be of NO help.

6. BigMikeyDeez

BigMikeyDeez New Member

City, State:
    Scottsdale. Arizona
    03' Sport Trac
    Alright I appreciate the help. I will count it and then report it back to you.

We Support Our Troops!