Airbag Light 03 Explorer

BigMikeyDeez

Reaction score
City, State
Scottsdale. Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
03' Sport Trac
Hey,
For a few months now there has been this orange man with a seatbelt across him right next to my spedometer. I looked in the manual and it says to bring it in to be serviced immediately because the airbag may not function in a collision. Another note is the guy only comes on every once in a while. It may happen in the morning or in the afternoon. Any fixes or suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does it blink when it comes on or come on solid? Low battery voltage at starting will make it come on solid but blinking indicates a fault, count the blink sequence it's a 2 digit number that repeats itself. Post back with that info.

It will blink for a number of times and then it will go solid after a little. I think it blinks about 4 times?

I think it blinks about 4 times?

Well that's like me saying "I think there is something wrong with you air bag"

As stated in my first reply "count the blink sequence it's a 2 digit number that repeats itself. Post back with that info".

It's like ** **** ** **** ** **** ** **** and that is 24. Without that code we can be of NO help.

Alright I appreciate the help. I will count it and then report it back to you.

Back