• Register Today It's free!

Airbag Problem

Taffyman

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLS
Hi Guys I'm having an random issue in my gauge cluster that shows the airbag light blinking, staying lit, and turning off for random intervals at random times. It seems like a loose connection. Anybody know where the sensor for the front airbags are?

airbag.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the help I understand what the code means I need to know where the sensor is located to I can try to fix it.

i had a problem with code 34. one day i was cleaning my truck and i wiggled the connectrs under the seat and it went away... i dont know if its the same problem as yours but i think i just hAD a bad connection

Sounds like a good idea.. Thanks!!

where exactly is the connector, I took a quick glance and did not see any connectors.

Thanks in advance, sorry to hijack

for '02 there are like 50 air bag codes, do you know which ones you have?
for each code there usually is a pinpoint test for a particular sensor or connector. .

regretfully not all codes readers can read airbag codes you have the get the enhanced data option on a reader which adds 300 additonal codes the the basic reader.

Looks like fooling around under the seat did the trick, thanks for the help guys!

Back