Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

AJ1E Transmission servo kit - anyone?

Discussion in 'Transmissions & Transfer Cases' started by DFHcomputer, October 22, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. DFHcomputer

DFHcomputer New Member

City, State:
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2000 Ford Explorer LTD V6
    OK, I've had several Explorers and Mountaineers (between 1997-2001 models) but last year upgraded (ha ha) to a 2003 Lincoln Aviator. It now has 180,000 miles... I've changed water-pump, power steering pump, all the idler pulleys etc, wheel bearings, oil changes - all the stuff you'd expect in a car of it's age. All was going well for a while, but now transmission issues. It starts and runs, you have to 'coax' it out of 1st into 2nd (either accelerate gently, or lift off slightly) - it goes from 2nd into 3rd OK, but no higher. Research led me to the AJ1E servo kit - was wondering if there are any members who've tried it. I think I'm fairly handy (see all work above) but apprehensive about playing with the transmission. It'll be done on the driveway on jacks/stands - it seems do-able. Anyone done it successfully? Any tips/hints? (and if anyone knows how to get rid of 'check charging system' warning light (changed alternator, battery, fusible links etc - car starts fine, no charging issues) - all help appreciated. If I need to post this elsewhere, please advise. Thanks again.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.