alarm led indicator questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

alarm led indicator questions

well i have a DEI alarm and i also put some red sidemarkers with 2 LEDS in each, on the side of my truck about a month ago.....however now i don't really care for the red sidemarkers, i like the way they look in the day time but don't really care for them at night

so heres what i was thinking and i'm not sure if it will work.

what i would like to do is run the SIDEMARKERS so that they are my alarm indicator lights. *when the alarm is on they will flash*
anyone see a problem with this?

comments suggestions are more than welcome

thanks
ryan

I see three possible problems.

1. Even though they are LED's, they would draw quite a bit more power form the battery, perhaps draining it too fast, or overloading the alarm circuit.

2. Traffic laws. If you park a vehicle on the side of the road with flashing side markers, you will be in trouble pretty quick with the police, and parking officials.

3.Theives might also think it is a new challenge for them to try to steal an Explorer that looks like KITT. They won't know the lights are for the alarm until they have broken a window....:(

Yup, probably illegal. I wouldn't do it.

i see your point about draining the power faster and thats probably what would happen
also about the theifs

so i probably won't do this idea

but i live in a small town we never ever end up parkin on the side of roads, like "parallel parking" i have never done that....

but oh well i am not going to do it...it probably will hurt somethign in the alarm or battery or get my stuff broken into

thanks!

Back