Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

alarm led indicator questions

Discussion in 'Performance Lighting' started by EliteConcept, September 21, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. EliteConcept

EliteConcept Well-Known Member

City, State:
      LaPorte, Indiana
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      04 Civic LX
      well i have a DEI alarm and i also put some red sidemarkers with 2 LEDS in each, on the side of my truck about a month ago.....however now i don't really care for the red sidemarkers, i like the way they look in the day time but don't really care for them at night

so heres what i was thinking and i'm not sure if it will work.

what i would like to do is run the SIDEMARKERS so that they are my alarm indicator lights. *when the alarm is on they will flash*
      anyone see a problem with this?

comments suggestions are more than welcome

thanks
      ryan

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Crankcase

Crankcase Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Vancouver B.C, Canada
      1992 XL Ex-Police
      I see three possible problems.

1. Even though they are LED's, they would draw quite a bit more power form the battery, perhaps draining it too fast, or overloading the alarm circuit.

2. Traffic laws. If you park a vehicle on the side of the road with flashing side markers, you will be in trouble pretty quick with the police, and parking officials.

3.Theives might also think it is a new challenge for them to try to steal an Explorer that looks like KITT. They won't know the lights are for the alarm until they have broken a window....:(

4. Alec

Alec Elite Moderator Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Houston, Texas
      2008 JK
      Yup, probably illegal. I wouldn't do it.

5. EliteConcept

EliteConcept Well-Known Member

City, State:
      LaPorte, Indiana
      04 Civic LX
      i see your point about draining the power faster and thats probably what would happen
      also about the theifs

so i probably won't do this idea

but i live in a small town we never ever end up parkin on the side of roads, like "parallel parking" i have never done that....

but oh well i am not going to do it...it probably will hurt somethign in the alarm or battery or get my stuff broken into

thanks!