Albino's about to get busier with Abby's half sister Gail | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Albino's about to get busier with Abby's half sister Gail

The BL was right (2"). You get a half of a cookie :)

Look at the gap between the body and the bumper

There ain't none :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, the bumper looks fantastic. I wish I could get mine that close; it got tweaked a while back so it's real hard to get it straight.

yeah man i feel yr pain with the bumper gap.

i plan on taking those lift brackets and the bracket on the bumper itself and oblonging the bolt holes up and down like the stock mounting holes on the frame.

That should fix the closeness of the bumper (i hope, sounds good in my head)

Your Ex is looking sweet these days.... I can't wait to do more on mine, but that'll be a while yet.... :thumbsup:

Thanks Katie. :thumbsup:

I know I've been slow doing this, but oh well :rolleyes:

Now that I have the BL on, I could raise the front hitch/winch. Wednesday, I cut the hitch into pieces. Last night I went over to Dreamr's place so he could practice his welding.The intent was to flip the cross bar over and raise it on the side mounts. This should give me about 9" of height gain.

We had to cut a hole in the valance and the very bottom of the bumper and it's kind of tough to get the pin and cotter pin in but I now have 24" of height at the front of the winch mount.

Attachments

• DSCN2778.JPG
    DSCN2778.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 621
  • DSCN2774.JPG
    DSCN2774.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 601
  • DSCN2773.JPG
    DSCN2773.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 604

Before and after;

Attachments

• DSCN2575.JPG
    DSCN2575.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 593
  • DSCN2772.JPG
    DSCN2772.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 600

OMG that is awsome..i have been wanting to do that for ever(front hitch mount with slide in winch) it looks awsome..an much better clerance..great job!

Thank you Russell.

The nice thing about this setup is that it mounts to the rear hitch too :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20122camp_1.jpg
    20122camp_1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 597

MUCH better clearance. It looks great. :thumbsup:

Looks good P, now if you would just get over your fear of body damage you could come play :D

jrgaylor said:
Looks good P, now if you would just get over your fear of body damage you could come play :D
The only way to get over that is to get another DD/FH.

That's on the agenda next year ;) Especially with the rpice of gas. :(

dreamr said:
Where have you been hiding Katie?
I work a lot.... and my other free time has been a lot of riding my Banshee... Been trying to spend more time online at the b2 site and trying to get on here more also.... The explorer has been kinda put on hold because I know I'm going to be needing to spend a lot of money on it soon and its gonna suck, I'm looking into gearing it though finnally, but thats gonna be pretty spendy it seems.

:)

SnowExploder said:
I work a lot.... and my other free time has been a lot of riding my Banshee... Been trying to spend more time online at the b2 site and trying to get on here more also.... The explorer has been kinda put on hold because I know I'm going to be needing to spend a lot of money on it soon and its gonna suck, I'm looking into gearing it though finnally, but thats gonna be pretty spendy it seems.

:)

Gearing is costly!! I had Randy's R&P drop mine to 4.56 with an E-Locker added in the rear.. Cost me well over 2k.

Me thinks I should just get someone to teach me how one day as parts were easily less than half that :confused:

Come visit us more often we have all yet to get the opportunity to actually witness the body damage as it happens :D

Comming soon!

Albino's gettin a pony :D

i guess i should have got those leafs from you when i had the chance :D

Where are you p urggg that is a killer deal I sent to you in that email, I am having a hard time not getting it myself, it would be perfect for either rig

Now to paint it WHITE and call it Mini-Me :D

Attachments

• DSCN2888.JPG
    DSCN2888.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 551

I do know where there is a ranger 8.8 and D35 w/manual hubs and transfer case, they will be around for awhile unless i get that bronco2 of my neighbors soon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jrgaylor said:
I do know where there is a ranger 8.8 and D35 w/manual hubs and transfer case, they will be around for awhile unless i get that bronco2 of my neighbors soon
You're killing me :rolleyes: I don't even have it yet and you're spending my money.

I haven't figured out where I want to take the pony yet.

SAS, D35-TTB so many options so little $$

Back