Alex's 2001 explorer xlt registry | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alex's 2001 explorer xlt registry

Hi my name is alex im 19 and i live in orlando fl. I am a college student. I bought a 2001 ford explorer XLT 2 months ago.
It is a 4.0 SOHC 2wd with 85,000 miles on it.

7e3153c8.jpg

44e05dfc.jpg

1338de00.jpg

5fe2dc76.jpg

e662b66f.jpg

5c593f9c.jpg

Things Ive done:
-TT/Shackles
-31" BFG at ko
-Cragar D Window Wheels
-Monroe Sensatrac Load Adjusting Shocks
-All new Moog Upper and Lower Balljoints
-Alpine IVE-W530 headunit
-Tinted Tailights
-Rear Cargo Liner

Things I still want to do:
-Either a bull bar or brush guard
-Some clear headlights with a black housing or the projector ones (not sure which)
-Paint the grille black
-Repaint the chipping roof rack
-Tint the front windows
-Leather seat swap
-Probably more that I am not thinking of at the moment. Always have little ideas running through my head.

Lots of things i would like to do. Nothing too major , however i am tight on money and it will be a while untill i get it done.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions for me.

EDIT:
This is how she sits now

IMG_0445_zps39be1c0c.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good Alex. when you going 4wd?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good Alex. when you going 4wd?

Most likely never. I dont off road at all and i never have, I mean if i were to get into a little maybe a locker cuz i know those can help but i just dont know enough about off roading or anything like that to really get into it. I wish though.

oh ok, just asking cause I have a spare front axle if you wanted to convert it. plus if your free you should come to the Citrus meet Brian is trying to plan sometime in the fall. your at least have a limited slip correct?

oh ok, just asking cause I have a spare front axle if you wanted to convert it. plus if your free you should come to the Citrus meet Brian is trying to plan sometime in the fall. your at least have a limited slip correct?

I dont know the code is oon the door jamb right? Do you know what the code is?

Edit: I looked on the door jamb my axle code is 45 which would mean im 3.55 open differential

You guys know I gotta ask, Is that a Spruce Green Ex ? :shifty_ey
:smoke: never mind, read your signature: Gold:cool:

Well Alex if you want you could always ride with someone. I may have a open seat. hopefully Superlift will send my damn springs by then so I'll have room for the rear to move around.

Got new headlights installed and plastidipped the grille. First time using plastidip and the grille has a bunch of minor imperfections basically the paint being pulled off when i removed the painters tape but nothing that can be really noticed unless looking for it. I like the headlights, makes the truck look like new.

image_zpsb11d023c.jpg

Well Alex if you want you could always ride with someone. I may have a open seat. hopefully Superlift will send my damn springs by then so I'll have room for the rear to move around.

Id definetly be interested in going and camping but if we hit some serious trails my explorer wouldnt be able to handle it. I do want to go though and i do want to bring my explorer.

no problem your more then welcome to come. I'm sure I'll have a seat I just hop my springs get here before then, wont get here until after my wedding. those headlamps must be taken care of and do not use any harsh cleaners or scrubing pads. also you plastx from Meguiar's.

Back