• Register Today It's free!

alignment question

ramren16

Reaction score
City, State
greeley, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 explorer sport
does wieight of a driver(350lbs) effect the alignment, i am getting bad inner wear on my front drivers side tire. will sitting in the vehicle during alignment help with this

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't have springs on my car I'm sure I so need new to bars as the drivers bolt its maxed out with no TT done, I'm at the alignment shop right now maybe I should have them over correct for the weight

Whoops. Sorry. My mistake. I thought I read "91" in your info.

Depending on which T-bars you have, there my be stiffer rated T-bars you can use. The door code will tell you which t-bars you have now.

Yes it can and I have personally aligned multiple cars with people sitting in the driver seat.

well i got alignment done(free lifetime)
front left front right
actual before actual before
-0.3 -0.3 camber -0.01 0.0
2.0 2.0 frame angle 2.0 2.0
4.6 4.6 caster 4.1 4.1
0.04 -0.11 toe 0.05 -0.09

cross camber -0.2 -0.3
cross caster 0.4 0.4
cross sai -0.4 -0.3
total toe 0.09 -.20

so the toe was off a little, the thing is they dont want anyone in the vehicle while aligning they say there machines account for the weight. but that makes no sense every one is defferent in weight i thought we werer supposed to align with the weight we normally have in the car hence my fat a**. im sure once i sit in the vehicle after an alignment the angles change but how much i am putting new tires on because my last one got messed up from inside wear even with specs like these

anyone got any ideas my new tires are getting chewed up now they are 3/32 difference fron outer and inner

Back