Alignment

Ryan1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
White Bear Lake, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Ok I gotta go get an alignment, Im sure Im gonna need the cam bushings. but which ones ...

410fortune....talked about this before but I cant find it

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure what you mean :which ones:?

A good alignment shop will have what you need.

Good luck....

al, does 200 bux sound right for an alighnment after a 6 inch lift

Ryan

Sorry, I have no idea about lift/alignment, sorry.

The adjusters are about $70, I believe.

Good luck.....

the $200 sounds right for a double alignment.. meaning they put in 0 degree shims check teh alignment and then pu tin the right shims...

Not all shops are very good.. Most can only get you 2.25 degree shims.... but there are bigger ones (2.75 etc)...

Keep in mind most shims (but not all) list the adjustment for a 4x2 (it is less for a 4x4)..

If you need 2.25 or less you can get adjustable shims (you can turn them to change the camber adjustment).. If you need more than 2.25 you will need to get the exact size you need.

There is a long thread about camber adjuster shims with more than enough info.. Keep in mind.. alignment parts and aligning is more of an art than a science.. and you will find most alignment shops can do cars and stock pickups.. but not a lifted TTB suspension..

~Mark

Thats right!

Most importatn to find a shop who knows what they are doing with the TTB, research research research.

Now here's the deal, if you have a 6" lift with 6" drop brackets you may not even need shims. You see the camber correction shims are for when you run say a 4" drop bracket with a 6" coil. Otherwise you are keeping everything in phase. If you drop everything 6" then the camber is just like stock, assuming everythig is made perfectly, installed correctly, etc. Of course you need an alignment any time you lift anything....

Also most 4x4 alignemt places will give you a 90 day grace period for one free adjustment, this is NECESSARY since it takes timefor your new lift to settle.

Here is one of the camber shim threads.....

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=56124&highlight=camber+shims

let me know if you have any questions.

Also a basic front end alignment should be about $40. Add $100 if they have to change out your shims, plus another $20 or so for the parts..........

Back