All New 2006 Sport Trac! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All New 2006 Sport Trac!

Its too bad for anyone iterested in off roading a Trac, the rollover cops will have us all driving 4 door civics.
I bought mine cause i loved my 92 X but wanted a bit of a box for hauling stuff, plus I knew I could lift it easy and I need the 4 doors due to kids.
Lets hope if this happens that a 4 door FX4 Ranger is in the works.

4759Picture_123.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I looked at the interior picture. Where are the gauges? I only see a tach and a speedo. Where's oil pressure, temperature, voltmeter? Don't tell me its all gone to idiot lights!

Honda: I can't visualize Honda as a truck maker. Even the Honda Pilot is built on the minivan platform and the CRV is a 4WD Civic. Yuk! The again, I remember when Honda only made motorbikes and began "experimenting" with cars.

Bob

Bwana Bob said:
I looked at the interior picture. Where are the gauges? I only see a tach and a speedo. Where's oil pressure, temperature, voltmeter? Don't tell me its all gone to idiot lights!
Bob

For the concept drawings, probably. The instrument panel and front fascia are probably based off the next Explorer. When they were talking about the Freestyle, the talk was that the Explorer would return to more of a truck image (although I doubt that the IRS would go away in favor of a solid axle at this point).

As far as the belt line for the bed, I wouldn't be too surprised if the F150 SCrew tailgate was used again, leading to the given height.

If they were to raise it up a little bit, then I woudl love the ST. I personally like clearance and a good, hearty stance as opposed to a low-rider one. BUT, I bet it's a great truck!!
That honda is actually uglier than the Avalanche! I didn't think it was possible, but they somehow managed to do it. :thumbdwn:
Again, I sooooo hope they change the Explorer to a more truck-based vehicle. WIth the freestar now competing against Subarus and the whole comfy-cozy SUV line, I hope the explorer gets a lift.

Japanese manufacturers won't be able to make a good pick up. That's it. Toyota got away with the Tundra, but that's not sold in Japan. This is the United States of America. We need American trucks.

Why does the Honda say SUT? That's a Hummer H2 pickup. Both are ugly.

This new Sport Trac would be nice with a V8 and a stick. I miss driving my XL stick (winter storage).

^^^^ Amen!

:(

Looks like a shrunken F150 Super crew, right down to the center dash section. Probably close to where the Ranger is headed next redesign. The '04 Rangers already have an F150 style grille, seats, and steering wheel. Ford seems to be coordinating the styling across their truck and SUV lines, I guess to create a stronger brand image the way dodge has done.

Nice! Very very nice!

I wonder how the next gen. explorer would look like.

Raise it up and that would be irresistible. A little too low for my tastes, but definitely very stylish! :thumbsup:

NICE59FORDF100 said:
i guess ford finally released real photos, not drawings, of the concept truck....sorry if they are huge....:)
2004-Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-Concept_manu_012.jpg

2004-Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-Concept_manu_09.jpg

thumb_2004-Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-Concept_manu_06.jpg

if the pics dont work, heres the link:
http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/vehicle.aspx?carID=8554
the front bumper of that is awesome looking although i never liked the sport trac.
why buy a vehicle with a bed that is like 2 foot by foot... I never understood that at all.
anyway i like the looks of it, close to my 2002 explorer... Much better than my old 1995 explorer.

There's only reason why I'm excited about the redisign and it moving to the new platform.....V8 :D

Stic-o said:
There's only reason why I'm excited about the redisign and it moving to the new platform.....V8 :D
Only problem with a N/A 4.6 in a 4600lb ST is it will still be a little wimpish.
Now if Ford was to offer a S/C version, I would have deposit in hand come monday.

i like the honda truck, got 2 civics already, would'nt mind another honda, but then again with my ninja and explorer and only me and my wife i don't think we need another car.

American car makers are falling behind the eight ball, the public wants H.P and TQ, we get a wimpy 4.0 with 210 crank, a 4.6 V8 with maybe 240 and they are both slugs.
The asians can make 260 H.P in a 3 liter, are blowing us out of the water.
Put a 390 H.P S.C engine in an Ex or a trac and Ford could not make them fast enough.
They would sell in a heartbeat

^^^^Sorry to say but thats to true^^^^
And just imagine if Ford would take the step that no one took and put supercharged 390 HP engines in. They wouldnt be able to keep them on the lot.

On the 2006 S.T. :bounce:

i was looking around and saw that the ford explorer wit the 4.6 is one of the fastest suv's(in its class of course)

all i know is i will NEVER drive a imported car/suv/truck.

Fast as compared to what?, not in the same class but if you ever get the chance, test drive a Porsch Cayenne twin turbo, thats one fast SUV.
Sad to say but ford can do better, and I do believe in the next few years they will.
The H.P. race is on, american auto makers are draggin their feet and losing ground IMHO, as always, they are going to need to play catchup.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi guys,
Since I bought a 75 Bronco last year I have been looking for something to replace my 02 Ranger FX4 as my daily driver. I don't necessarily need another 4x4 but I also don't want to drive the EB in the salt. I thought about a leftover 04 Lightning and although the dealers are starting to offer some good discounts, that is definitely not a Midwest winter vehicle! It's also a little too wide to fit comfortably in my attached garage. I have always liked the idea of the 4-door Sport Trac but just couldn't accept the little bed. I need the bed to be large enough to haul my ATV. Not a big fan of trailers either. If the next Trac has a big enough bed it might just be the ticket. Since it appears to be based on the current Explorer chassis it should be available with the 4.6L. If Ford uses the new 3 valve heads it should be a decent performer. Adding a twin screw blower would be a possibility as well.
Here is a website I found with more pics. Enjoy! :D

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2004-Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-Concept.htm

Back