Almost complete so..... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Almost complete so.....

I have a nasty squeal in the front brakes. I got new rotors and wheel studs. The rotor isn't completely tight against the hub. I've tried to get the studs as tight as possible. I'm just afraid that I'll snap a stud off. Guess I'll keep tightening them up.

BUT here's what I did tonight. Oh who ever said about creaming your jeans in double low.....:exporange

OH%20YEA%20007.jpg

OH%20YEA%20002.jpg

OH%20YEA%20005.jpg

OH%20YEA%20012.jpg

OH%20YEA%20015.jpg

OH%20YEA%20010.jpg

Need to build the xmember before I can flex the drivers side down.

This is whats left in the shocks.
About 2" droop and 3" compression left on the front.
About 2" droop and 1" compression left on the rear.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope love it just as it is. 12.5 front and 13. rear. The rims are 15x8 then added beadlocks to make them 9" wide.

Rock sliders are www.bbpfab.com

I've had her out 5 times since Nov.
OHYEA021.jpg

KKrun002.jpg

95sploderrun023.jpg

Also got a new bumper and a smittybuilt XRC8 winch.

Had a slight problem Exploded drive slug

Keeps impressing me every time out.:thumbsup::exporange

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Thank you for the reply is that your own company or website?? How much do the Sliders Cost I have the same X as you do... how much would it be for me to customize one through you... also where are they shipped from. Thank you!

Oh I just figured cuz your truck is on there... how much did you pay for them??

the price is on the website!
Firezapper.. the website doesn't say anything about a 2nd gen in progress is that gonna happen or no?

the price is on the website!
Firezapper.. the website doesn't say anything about a 2nd gen in progress is that gonna happen or no?

As far as I know yes. Email them and ask.

Spool

How do you like the spool in the front??How would it do with manual hubs?Im thinking of putting one in mine and just wanted your opinion.Thanks!

Thats what Im going to do is put a spool in it.Its like my buddy said,as long as your foots on the gas a detroit locker is locked so whats the difference.A spool is cheap and stong as hell.Besides,its a 4.0L V-6 with a automatic it aint tearing up much:D

Besides,its a 4.0L V-6 with a automatic it aint tearing up much:D
A 4.0L in LO range can break plenty.

Just one of the three axle shaft's I've destroyed.
axleshaft_03.jpg

Where can i get a spool for the front dana 44?

I should ban you for hurting that nice red Explorer :D

Guess this should be part of every SAS but..

I'm having problems with the power steering now. Pump stops working after hot, steering gets HARD as hell and I burp the throttle and get steering back.

Went and got the saginaw pump yesterday.
HPIM0462.jpg

Got the pumps off today and there is NO way that it will fit the explorer bracket as is.
HPIM0477.jpg

HPIM0480.jpg

So I put in a spare pump and tranny cooler for this weekend
HPIM0474.jpg

HPIM0475.jpg

I really want/need the sag to work. Did I get a goofy year (mid 90's E150)? Do I need a different year 4.0 PS pump bracket?

Oh yea took out the condenser out..... about 4" of mud and gunk between the 2 so.
HPIM0470.jpg

I'm going to use a Saginaw P-style too (but on a SOHC) once I get around to the steering. My thought is to just fab up some brackets to adapt the P-style to the original mounting holes on the engine block of the original TC-style pump. The only requirement is to line up the pump's pulley with the other pulleys on the block.

I was going to give you the link to a thread on rrorc I found a while back that gives part numbers for the correct style pump for our trucks, but it looks like you beat me there.

Spool

Got my spool for the front today.Bought it from a local guy on craigslist.Went on there looking for rims and tires and found the spool!Got that and a whole instalation kit with all the bearings for the frontend for $125.00!

Oh yeah,Its the right one;-)

Back