• Register Today It's free!

Alright guys before I click "Buy"

dgonz

Reaction score
City, State
Porterville, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yessir, 5 x4.5

Ordered. Thanks for the reply I appreciate the help! I'm gettin ready to do my TT/Shackles and put some new shoes on my Trac!

ur welcome man, is TT torsion bar crank or....? lol

Yessir, I'm going to tighten my torsion bolts to lift the front end of the truck

Nice choice! I'm currently saving for some MT sidebitters. Can't Wait!

Those are the same wheels I have on my Trac now with 33x12.5x15 GoodYear DuraTrac's. They were on sell for $45 each. Here's some pictures...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Midnight, do you have anything other than a TT/Shackles? Do you get any rubbing or anything?

Yessir, I'm going to tighten my torsion bolts to lift the front end of the truck

nice i did that to my edge ranger :) best decision ever

you can never go wrong with cragar 8's. those wheels never go out of style and for 50 bucks a pop, thats a good deal. rebel's got one of my favorite tracs on the forum, and he runs them.

Midnight, do you have anything other than a TT/Shackles? Do you get any rubbing or anything?

He has a 3" BL also.

I have a 3" bl on it too. I've cut away some of the cladding and still get some rub on the inner fender over bumps while turning. I need to install my new longer torsion bar bolts so I can take the TT back upto 2", I know they've settled over the years. I bought the longer bolts from Zabteck Technology.

Nicee, So what size tire would you guys recommend for a Trac with only a TT/shackles on it? Something that won't have any rubbing I don't want to do any trimming...... I want to get to a body lift later but it's not in the cards at the moment.

I ran 265/70/16's with the TT/ SL and didn't have any issues with rubbing.

picture.php

This is the same tires on before the TT/ SL, all stock.

picture.php

And would that tire size work with the Soft 8's?

Sorry for all the questions...like I said tire/wheel sizes confuse the heck out of me. And then when you start switching from metric to inches and back and forth and I just get completely lost.

No problem, yes the size I mentioned will fit on a 16" wheel but you're buying 15x8" Cragar's like mine, right.

This link will help you learn about tire sizes, what the numbers/ letters on the sideall are for, etc...

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Since you don't wanna trim and you're using 15x8"s then I'd go with 31x10.5x15 tire or you could probably get away with a 32x10.50x15 or 31x11.50x15 in a LT tire.

Also a 265/75/15 tire is the same size as a 265/70/16, just different rim sizes it totals out to be a 31x10.50x15 tire.

Awesome. Thank you so much for your help that's exactly what I needed! I'm so excited to get this lift done and the new shoes on there! I think it'll go great with all the red and black on my Trac

No problem, yes the size I mentioned will fit on a 16" wheel but you're buying 15x8" Cragar's like mine, right.

This link will help you learn about tire sizes, what the numbers/ letters on the sideall are for, etc...

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Since you don't wanna trim and you're using 15x8"s then I'd go with 31x10.5x15 tire or you could probably get away with a 32x10.50x15 or 31x11.50x15 in a LT tire.

Also a 265/75/15 tire is the same size as a 265/70/16, just different rim sizes it totals out to be a 31x10.50x15 tire.

i can never find 31x11.5 tires, would you mind posting a few? i know for a fact that bfg all terrains only come in x10.5 :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like they discontinued 31x11.50x15's, I looked on a couple different sites and couldn't find any.

Back