Am I wrong here? Please read and give me your opinion. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Am I wrong here? Please read and give me your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ_HotDogs

A Man Without Wheels
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
I need to know if I am wrong here. I am kind of old, not too old, but I am pretty set in my ways. I need to know if old age has clouded my judgement some and if so, then I will apologize to a certain party, who will remain nameless for this conversation. Here are the facts, You be the Jury;
I saw an ad in the for sell forum for an Explorer part that I needed and wanted. I responded to that ad and ended up buying the part. I did not ask too many questions about the part, like is it broken or anything, but they showed a picture of it and it looked excellent. Well I paid them rather quickly because I wanted the part. I thought it was a pretty good deal. When the part arrived, the very first thing I noticed was that a part of it was broken off, making this part worthless to me. This broken off part holds and secures the piece in place, without it, it will not secure down. So I notified the person that this was unacceptable and wanted a refund. He did give me a response back, and in all honesty maybe I word my request a little harsh, but never the less, still have not gotten anything back as a refund. I am told he is talking to the person that sold him the part in the first place and waiting on a response from him. What does that have to do with me? The deal was with me and him. I sent him a picture of the broken part at his request. I have asked him numerous times to come on and refund my money, but to no avail. I do not want to reveal this person's name yet, because in all honesty, I do not know if he knew the part was of no use or not. But why should I wait to see what someone else is going to say? I bought the part from him, not the other person. The money is not a large amount at all. But this is eating at me to no end. Should I drop this, or keep on requesting my money back, or reveal the whole thing? If you are this person, please do not reveal your name unless you want everyone to know who you are.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Honestly, I could go either way on this one, however, I'd probably lean towards moving on and lesson learned. In the future I would insist on detailed pics. The whole thing ultimately is relying on the honor system, which I trust the majority of members on this site are good about. Good luck.

name him. There is a feedback forum there, isn't there? If it was up to the buyer to ask everytime if the item was broken, what prevents us from selling all the broken parts we relpace on our explorer, and not say they are broken? The whole idea behind selling stuff is that it is still usable.

I dont think your wrong at all. If he doesnt make it right soon I would reveal his name and the part so others can have a heads up. Also that may make him want to clear his name from this and make it right with you.

Did the picture show that it was intact or could you not see it? I think the seller is responsible to tell anything that is broken or anything that makes the part not work. However you should have made sure that the part was intact and working.

Yes, this is a lesson learned in a way, but lessons SHOULDN'T have to be on a site like this. BBQ, I say give him 36 hours (48 at the MOST) since you last got in touch with him (call him, PM him, email him to no extent) then release his name on nice terms.

If you're doing some buisness over the internet, customer service is really the only thing people can rely on. Whether you're selling a single screw or a scrap explorer, give your customer the light of day and communicate. If you don't and decide to treat your customer unfairly, forum members (and trust me, some of them here are AWESOME at this) will find you one way or another.

If whomever made this transaction is reading this, give BBQ the respect he deserves and drop him a line. If you can't to it within 36 hours, you honestly shouldn't be doing buisness online. :nono:

BBQ, goodluck. We're behind you! :chug:

Anytime I buy online I assume the part is is good condition and works properly, small marks or something is to be expected when buying used but the part should still be intact.

By just going with your story, there is no way we'd do business with this guy. He should come out and say his side of the story. Either way we need to know who this person is.

I think you are 100% right for asking for a refund, who in their right mind would sell something that is not useable. That is just dishonest selling and that is not tolerated on this board.

This board is at a higher caliber than eBay or anything else related, as I'd like to think anyways. I've done business (both selling/buying) on EF, and I've done my best to make it a great expierence, as I would expect everyone else too as well. His name should be brought out no matter what.

OK, I didn't think I was wrong. When I leave here, I am giving him 48 hours to PayPal my money back. Then if it is done, that's the end of it. If he refuses, I will name names, plain and simple. The picture he showed made it look almost brand new, which is what I wanted. I mean the very first think I noticed when I started pulling it out of the box was that it was broken. I will show pictures and everything. But let me give him his final warning now.
Thanks everyone. Just sometimes when you are real mad, you can make a bad decision. Now I know it is the right decision.

like everyone has said, this board is a trustworthy place. anything less than normal wear and tear should be mentioned in an ad.

i was just wondering what the part was,

but i agree with everyone elses answer's

Well I guess he gave me his answer by not answering. Some people just don't give a dang. He still says he is not responsible. Here, let me do a copy and paste of what I just said to him.

someone said:
You say you not threatening me, but yet you are. Basically if i dont give you your money back, your going to tell people that i am a fraud? I have repeated told you that I have tried contacting the original seller. He still has not gotten back to me yet.

From my understanding, you bought this piece from me so you could have a spare piece to put in your truck while your stuff was being sent to phoenix imaging. Does it really matter that this one tab is missing? And is there no way for you to fab something up if this is just a temporary setup?

You bought something from someone and you didnt ask whether there was damage or not. When you buy a used vehicle, does the dealer tell you that the car was involved in a minor fender bender that wasnt reported and dealt with privately by the previous owner? If the dealer doesnt know, then he cant tell you. And i am in that position. I sold you something when i DIDNT know that it was damaged. Im not trying to get out of giving you your money back, but I did nothing wrong. I dont feel like giving you your money back when I might not have a chance of getting mine back. I am sorry it has come down to this.

BBQ_HotDogs said:
This is my last request for my money back. I am not going to threaten you or anything. I will go public with this. ARE you going to pay me back or not? Plain and simple. A simple yes or no answer will do. If you say yes, put it in my PayPal Account please.
Thank you,
Ronnie Bufford

And another one. Copy and paste. Names changed for 48 hours.

someone said:
No intention of letting you hang. Ive emailed the seller that i bought the part from, and still waiting for a response. I will get back to you asap when i hear from him.

BBQ_HotDogs said:
someone said:
BBQ_HotDogs said:
I would need your email address to send you a picture of what I am talking about. After it was broken, It was sanded down for sure.
Ronnie
My home email address is
me@me.com

Send the picture to someone@yahoo.com
I am sorry if i sent you a broken item. I had no intention of trying to sell you a broken or damaged product. I will get a hold of cboug as soon as possible in order to clarify this issue. If in fact i received it broken, i did not notice because it sat on my floor for the entire time i had the piece. I had a lot planned for my truck, but i am selling it, so i didnt even touch the piece before shipping it.

did you buy the piece from me because your existing piece is broken or damaged as well? or did you buy it to put in place of the one you want to ship out to phoenix?

i want to work this out with you and cboug in order to help you because i dont want to be known as someone that sells a defective or broken item.

send me the picture and i will forward it to cboug and see what happens. sorry for the delay of your plans.
So, what's the verdict here? Let me know something, don't let me hang.
Ronnie

If nothing is done by Saturday, I will post his name here and in the feedback forum. He knows this thread exists by the response in one of his replies. But after he answered that one time, that was it. Like he hung up on me. I saw him still here, but he refused to answer any more questions. This guy is 22, he needs to grow up and learn some responsibility. The more I read his answers, the madder I get. What a line!!

Regardless, someone sold a defective product, someone should give you the money back and then deal with the origonal seller AFTERWARDS. If it was not that expensive then he can send you the money and then deal with the reinbursement to himself after that. This should not be a problem of yours, good luck man, I hope that the seller will make the right descision and not run off like a baby.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, but he sure is acting like a baby. I mean, it's not the $25 here, it's the integrity of the deal. Should I have asked a million questions about a 25 buck piece?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back