1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Am I wrong here? Please read and give me your opinion.

Discussion in 'Transaction Feedback' started by BBQ_HotDogs, April 28, 2004.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaSouthern1

GaSouthern1 Elite LS2 -

City, State:
    Duluth, Ga
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2005 GTO
    When you buy something you expect for it to be 100% operational unless otherwise noted, that is just the way it is.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BBQ_HotDogs

BBQ_HotDogs A Man Without Wheels

City, State:
    Houston, Texas
    98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
    OK, what the heck. Here is the part.

This is what he showed me for sell, $25 shipped.

[​IMG]

As soon as I pulled it out of the box, I saw this!! Took this picture and sent it to him immediately. But it's not his fault. It is the person who sold it to him!!

[​IMG]

4. BBQ_HotDogs

City, State:
    Houston, Texas
    98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
    Now if you look real hard in the first picture, you can see that the tab is missing. But I did not know I had to look that "hard" at it for any problems.

5. X~FACTOR

X~FACTOR Name is Ray

City, State:
    Valley Stream, Long Island
    '97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
    After looking at the pictures it doesn't look like its a big deal after all. Sorry. I'm sure you could fab something up to make it work. This is not to say you are wrong to ask for your money back. That request should still be honored because IT IS defective.

My personal feeling, for $25, he can't let his name to be tarnished. So I suggest that you just pay up!

6. dogfriend

dogfriend Human-Animal Hybrid

City, State:
    Carmichael, CA
    '97 Sport 4x4
    I think that he should have pointed out that the tab was partially missing.

If he didn't actually know (it seems pretty obvious from the second pic, but not the first) then he should offer to take it back and refund your $.

He could still resell it if he clearly points out the broken tab, but he may need to lower the price since it is not "perfect"

When selling a used item, it is customary to describe the condition including anything which needs repair or modification to work as intended.

7. BBQ_HotDogs

City, State:
    Houston, Texas
    98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
    This is a pressure point tip. It has to be made durable to hold the console down in place. I don't think this is a piece for some super glue. Beside, why should I have to even worry about it? It shouldn't have been broke. If I was told that this was broke, do you think for one second that I would have paid him for it? no way, I would have turned it down and looked elsewhere. No one wants this console cup holder broken the way it is. The best place for this is in the trash can so no one else get's burned with it.

8. RAZOR

RAZOR Active Member

City, State:
    Lyndhurst,NJ
    '98 Sport 4x4 4.0L SOHC
    BBQ HotDogs: Whether you get your money back or not you've gotta post this guy's name. If you don't it will only encourage others who are irresponsible or dishonest to prey on other members. If you want to be discreet about it and not name the person in the forum e:mail those of us who are interested! Thanks, Hope this helps.

9. BBQ_HotDogs

City, State:
    Houston, Texas
    98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
    I am trying to give this 22 year old kid every opportunity to make this right. I see him on line now and I watched him from the "Who's Online Forum" and I know he read my PM's. So I am just waiting now for him to either make the right move, or just ignore this request. If I do not hear from him, I will reveal everything tomorrow night. I just want him to know that I DID give him the chance to make this right first.

10. expo5.0

expo5.0 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Red Wing, MN
    1996 xlt
    I Never Do This But (the Yelling Part) But I Want Everyone To Read This. I Don't Know Who Sold That Piece And It Wasn't Me. However, I See Nothing Wrong With What He Did. If I Had Received That Piece For 25 Dollars I Wouldn't Have Been Angry. 25 Dollars Is A Cheap Price For That Piece And The Damage Isn't Visible Etc. Post His Name If You Must, Take His Money Back If You Must, But Know That Imo This Doesn't Make Him Immature Or A Bad Person And That I'd Still Do Business With Him.

11. BBQ_HotDogs

City, State:
    Houston, Texas
    98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
    But he knew that I wanted that piece to send to Pheonix Imaging. I can't spend that kind of money to get it done on a part that is not 100%. Scratches, cuts and things were acceptable. A broken part that secures it down is not, IMHO.

12. expo5.0

expo5.0 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Red Wing, MN
    1996 xlt
    is the one in your truck now damaged? not that such a thing would make it "ok" but im just wondering it it would be that simple a solution?

usually they are hard to find that arent scratched and thats what most people want, and they don't care about the clips. I know i personally cut the clips off of the piece in my car a long time ago (the ones that are missing on yours) because i was modifying it to fit some switches an things in that region to no ill effect.

13. Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp Elite Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Greenville, MI
    98 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD
    Expo5.0 if you see nothing wrong with selling broken stuff and not telling the seller its broken then I got some stuff I think you would like to buy.
    The real worthless sh!t I'll only charge you 1/2 price.

IMO it doesnt matter if its $250 or $25 or $2.50. You should get the item as described or your getting defrauded.

14. aldive

aldive Elite In Memoriam

1999 XLT
    Ronnie, name his name here' this forum does not need bad transactions. Let others be aware of who this fellow is.

Good luck......

15. expo5.0

expo5.0 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Red Wing, MN
    1996 xlt
    i'm not condoning selling broken stuff, and the people i've sold things to in the past can back that up.

i'm just saying that tab maybe isn't worth this much of a hassle. This isn't a situation where the person should be majorly publicly called out and stoned. just one where a short ans simple description of the transaction and the "problems" with it in the transaction feedback forum would suffice.

16. RAZOR

RAZOR Active Member

City, State:
    Lyndhurst,NJ
    '98 Sport 4x4 4.0L SOHC
    It's the principle of the thing. An apology and a refund will suffice. Kapisch? I know I'd do at least that much without throwing the blame on someone else.

17. aldive

aldive Elite In Memoriam

1999 XLT
    He sold the man damaged goods. It is his responsibility to make things right.

Indeed, what he did was wrong, dishonest and despicable.

Its not the money, it the principal.... he was dishonest plain and simple....

18. etc

etc Dead Inside

City, State:
    Miami, FL
    '96 XLT 2WD
    The person who sold it should refund the money and take the part back he should man up and accept that he sold something that was broken, where he knew it or not. That being said, BBQ I think you are over reacting(maybe it's from the shop taking so long?) and taking it out on him. Honestly, it's a $25 transaction with a broken part. This is too much for something so small.

19. ifixairplanes

ifixairplanes Member

City, State:
    haverhill mass
    95 eddie bauer 4x4
    BBQ, it is respectful that you gave the person time to make good on the bad deal and not post his name. if he honestly didnt know about the broken part when he shipped then thats one thing. but if he knew about it and didnt say anything then thats a whole nother boat. that shows he willfully with held that info to get you to pay for it. either way, that part looks useable and the broken clip wont even be noticed when you install it. besides its temporary. Now the fact that he is ignoring you is a whole other story. he should be in constant contact with you to let you know whats going on. i say if he dosnt get in touch with you, post his name. but if he is keeping in touch with you, keep his name hidden so as not to ruin his reputation. your choice, you gave him time to make good on the deal, if he dosnt, oh well. good luck.

sean

20. XLT4X491

XLT4X491 Active Member

City, State:
    Cookeville, TN
    '00 Ram 1500
    man, i would make a great detective. haha

21. section525

section525 sextion525 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Red Bluff, Ca
    1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
    I know what you're sayin.

This sort of thing happened to me once. Well, I guess I did something like this. I bought a '96 Explorer GEM off eBay. Figured out I needed one from a '97. So I put this one back on eBay. Sold it and shipped it to a guy in Sweden. About a month after I sent it, he finally got it.. then emailed me and told me if was broken. So I instantly paypaled his $20 back and apologized. I never tested it and I listed it as a working unit. Just as it was listed when I bought it. But I'd rather sacrafice the $20 than screw some dude in Sweden and get negative feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.