Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

amp bypass question

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by JMan93, September 20, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. JMan93

JMan93 New Member

City, State:
      Westford, MA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '93 XLT 4x4
      i have a 93 xlt with the factory amp and want to bypass it. i found a place online that sells the harness http://www.tune-town.com/Cars/stuff/Ford/1991-94 Explorer car stereo installation.htm and need to know which one to get. the Amp Eliminator Cord or the Amp Eliminator Kit or if i even need one at all.

i would do it myself but i dont know the wire colors. i have all the stuff to do it myself but could use a push in the right direction. if anyone knows the colors and what to do with them could you please tell me. P.S, i have searched multiple times and found nothing.

Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. B94Sport

B94Sport Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Geneva, IL
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      05 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
      If you are installing a new HU as well as bypassing the amp, then you will want the complete kit... The two extra wires are adapters for the HU. If you just want to bypass the amp, all you will need is the single cord. However, I know that you can find the amp input and output wire colors online, because I found them once before... I just bought the two harnesses needed for the HU (called the Premium Kit on the page you are referring to), and then spliced the amp wires instead of buying a harness for the amp as well... Saved $10 and worked just as well. I never planned on replacing that amp so I had no qualms about cutting the wires and splicing them :)