Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

AMP PLACEMENT HELP!!

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by Pimpin Yoda, September 16, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Pimpin Yoda

Pimpin Yoda Member

City, State:
      Oklahoma City, Ok
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      Explorer '96 XLT 4x4
      Hey i did a search and came up with no pics of people putting it in the rear panel. I want to see some pics b/c i already did it and need something to cover up the hole now. Please dont just say "Do a search!" I already did and came up with nothing. Thanx

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Pimpin Yoda

Pimpin Yoda Member

City, State:
      Oklahoma City, Ok
      Explorer '96 XLT 4x4
      I know someone out there has to have pics...Please post! You all can do i know!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

4. JAGinSTL

JAGinSTL New Member

City, State:
      St. Louis Missouri
      1998 XLT 5.0 (302)
      Behind you rear seat there is a panel in which moves as you put your seats up and down. Mount your amp there on the paasenger side as low as you can go. then you can pull the RCA cables up threw there and your power cable. NOTE: Run your RCA cables on the other sideof your Power Cable. What type of AMP are you going to get?

Aaron

Check out my post on the Registary, I have my sterio listed for the most part. Except for the AMP ( Fostgate ) and the Head Unit ( Pioneer ) Ok talk to you later

Last edited: September 18, 2002
    5. white96x

white96x Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Rancho Cuc,Ca(home) SLO,Ca(school)
      1997 E.B.
      thats where my amp is mounted..........right underneath the rear passenger seat flap. mounte4d with 4 brackets. pretty simple. very accesible. and not noticible from the outside. it's basically hidden which is good. depending on what size amp you have will depend if you can put it in the rear panel. BUT if you already did mount it in the rear panel-this is how "samtheham" covered up his new hole http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58199&highlight=subs+in+rear+hatch