1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

An intelligent video question!

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by F14CRAZY, December 31, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. F14CRAZY

F14CRAZY To the flo...

City, State:
      Dimondale, Michigan
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '92 GT, '93 Limited
      Howdy. Sorry for the blunder of my last question. But this one is gonna be good.

Okay. When I go to run the RCA type cables for my screens, should I invest in quality cables like Monster cable (copyright controversy, but anyway) or can I stick with cheap Wal Mart type cable? It's not like a show for money truck or system or anything, but I would like a good picture. I've been running cheap cable from my DVD player to the Pioneer AVH-P6400 and it seems fine, but will spending more make much of a difference? Thank you.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. huskyfan23

huskyfan23 Rah no Hans Bwix

City, State:
      WA
      1994 XLT 4x4
      Won't make a difference if you're noticing no problems right now.

4. F14CRAZY

F14CRAZY To the flo...

City, State:
      Dimondale, Michigan
      '92 GT, '93 Limited
      Husky, you actually gave me a reply I did like! I felt like asking this question because of the length of cable running from the DVD player or whatever in the cargo area to the head unit, then from the head unit to a splitter thing in the cargo area again (in my previously post), then to the screens themselves. Will putting them in wire conduit help any? Will I see a difference in video quality at these great lengths? Thanks.

I don't think every bit of quality is needed on a 7-8'' LCD anyway, but opinion from y'all is good.

Last edited: December 31, 2004