Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Annoying issue with sound options

Discussion in '2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology' started by 1995E, March 19, 2014.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 1995E

1995E Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Maryland
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      95 + 11 Ex both XLT
      For the upper level models with the Sony stereo system, there is an option DSP for stereo or surround. I keep choosing surround but every time I restart the car, it goes back to stereo. It's a little annoying and I hope they change it to where I can keep the settings that I had previously set it to.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. briteboy

briteboy Active Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2011 Explorer XLT+Nav,MFT
      1995E:
      I'm not sure this will solve your issue, but it may be worth a try.

On the steering column controls, left side, if you scroll down the menus available, there is a setting for "remember menu" or something like that.

It MAY correct your reset problem with the stero, but it may not. Just a thought I had. The MFT has some quirky settings sometimes.

Good luck.