Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Another 4406 Need Some Advise

Discussion in 'Modified 1995-2001 Explorers' started by rkalb, July 16, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. rkalb

rkalb ElecExplorer

City, State:
      Nevada City, CA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2000 XLT AWD,1996 XLT 4x4
      Well i've been reading about doing a 4406 for a while and i finally got all the parts together and did it. Exept im having some weird issues. When i go around corners in 2wd it sounds like something possibly Rear end is clicking or jerking around and also when i give it full throttle from a stop it does the same thing. Any ideas cause it certainly doesnt sound good

Here are some pics if they help

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had to Relocate Wires cause they rubbed against the shifter. Just Removed the two bolt and moved it forward and bent the bracket so it would sit next to the tranny.

[​IMG]

Last edited: July 16, 2011
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. gavin

gavin Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Anchorage, Alaska
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '97 Explorer XLT AWD 5.0L
      bad u-joints, centering joint (the H-piece for the double-cardan), or slip-shaft (if the driveshaft has one)