Another air circulation issue: No airflow from the rear vents | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another air circulation issue: No airflow from the rear vents

curlymurt

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited
I've been searching for a few days, but I'm running into all of the same threads now...

I've got an 06 Explorer v8 4x4 (new to me and understanding the term exploder already) with the Auto Climate Control that has a couple of air circulation issues. A) there's no air movement whatsoever from the overhead and floor rear vents. B) Front passenger side actuator seems to be taking a poo as it blows AC when it wants, and heat when it wants. Driver side is good, so far. I'll deal with B later.

I digress. Issue A) is something I've been troubleshooting. I had the AC running on the front, spun the knobs and pressed the button on the ceiling control panel for the rear. Nothing gets any airflow moving back there. I pulled the rear blower motor out and the rear blower motor resistor (flat black thing). Anyway, went to the auto parts store and plugged in a new resistor. No cigar. They didn't have a rear blower motor in stock so I went home and connected one wire to each pin (individually!) on the blower motor. Took one wire to the neutral and one to the positive and, wouldn't you know it, it turns on.

I checked the 30amp fuse under the hood and even swapped it with another 30amp. Again, no change.

I tried using a multimeter to find a current to the blower and/or any of the wires to the blower or resistor. No cigar. I could just be screwing that up though. Where do I go from here?

Fixed! For now (because I wonder why they did this originally).

I verified the AC line was cold after I had been running the AC, so I decided to go further.

After tearing more of the interior trim off I started following wires. Someone had disconnected a junction that ran to the fan. Simple as that... except the trim. I was surprised at the amount of noise/airflow you can actually hear from it. It's definitely moving some air!

Back