Another Code

99EURO

Reaction score
City, State
K-Town Germany
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 High Class
Hi everyone,
I am fairly new to this forum and currently live in Germany. I posted a problem with my 99 Explorer here not long ago and got alot of good replies that have been very helpful. Now I have a new problem. My OD light started flashing on and off on the way to work this morning and it came back on on the way home. I took it to the local dealer and they ran the code scan and came up with one for the engine P0155 and one for the transmission P0734. I know what the engine code is and the parts are on order for this problem, however I cannot find any info on the transmission code. Can anyone help me out here?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only problem is I have no idea what to do to fix that or how much money it is for parts. The bad thing is if you need a tranny rebuild its gonna be costly , say, 1200-1500 bucks. Also good to hear the engine code wasnt anything to bad, the O2 sensors always are notorious with us Explorers.

The dealer told me its the O2 sensors but they also said it has an intake leak on the left bank along with the timing tensioners needing to be replaced. I may try to reset the computer and see if it comes back on. I had it checked today and they cleared the engine light and the transmission light. Its only got 77,000 kilometers on it. Its funny because I have read alot of threads on this forum and it seems like they all do the same things at the same or close milage. Seems to me Ford designed this into the vehicles to make some money. Just a thought.

Could be , but who says your gonna bring it back to the dealer, Also i still dont know what to make of the incorrect gear ratio.....Because the trannys on our second gens are one of the worst put in Xplor. Mine only had 80,000 on it when the tranny went. New one put in. Now it has 88,000 on it and just this morning the check engine light came on, uhgggg :( , gonna pull the codes as soon as i get the chance. Also make sure you tell us if the light comes back on because of the tranny, if it does theres probally something wrong.

You do not necessarily need a trans. rebuild. You may have a valve body, solenoid or valve body gasket problem.

Taking it back today.

I am taking it back to the used car dealer where I bought it here in Germany today and let them have a look at it. I cleared the codes yesterday and it came on again this morning on the way to work. It felt like it was in between gears and then flashed on and keeps blinking. By German law any used car you buy carries a warranty and I am going to hold them to thier law. Will keep you posted.

back from the shop

Well I got my Explorer back from the shop. The transmission according to Fore needs a new clutch pack for 4th gear. It shudders a little going up a hill and then the light flashes on so I am going to change the filter and fluid in the tranny and see if this helps. Its a little on the brown side so I am sure it needs to be changed. I am not sure when it was changed in the past. Out of curiosity, how much is a new transmission. I am thinking of getting a new one with a warranty to keep from going through these headaches over and over. The timing tensioners, intake gasket, and o2 sensor work cost me 500 euros. Thats alot of dollars. Any suggestions on the tranny problem would be helpful. The head mechanic at the Ford dealer is telling me another 1200 euro at the minimum to fix it.

Back