• Register Today It's free!

Another Explorer Bites the Dust

Fordracing17

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer XLS
Haven't Posted in months due to me being so busy, finally got around to it but with bad news.

My beloved 2006 Explorer was hit and deemed totaled. Very Sad day in my house.

Coming home, someone ran a red light and pushed me up onto the median, bull bar took most of the impact and cops said that really saved me from getting hurt.

Here was the Explorer before:

IMG_0226_zpsdb48856b.jpg

IMG_0310_zps535eaef3.jpg

IMG_2298_zps6055dada.jpg

After:

IMG_4345_zpsd5a2310c.jpg

IMG_4347_zps54c05df9.jpg

IMG_4438_zps06a6d891.jpg

IMG_4358_zps077614b6.jpg

IMG_4443_zps58ce3352.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thank you, and yes i was going about 40 and same with him, very hard impact. actually wound up breaking a rib.

buy the title and repair it to nice to waist

truck was beautiful and miss it, but it wasn't worth it. Air bag deployed and axle bent in half. Sitting on flat ground, the rear driver side wheel was off the ground thats how crooked the truck was.

and of course couldn't find another one with the money i got from insurance...

Sorry to hear it, man! Glad you're okay. That sucks that you couldn't find another. What are your plans now?

Sorry to hear but glad you're ok. Looks a bit like my 3rd gen did after it got totaled, somebody tried to cross a highway right in front of me and I t-boned them at 35-45 mph, then bounced off the road into a deep ditch. These vehicles definitely do a good job protecting the passengers but I was still bummed since I had put so much work into it.

Get another one and make it even better than this one was :thumbsup:

Glad that your okay and moved on to bigger and better things (ironman)! Blessed to be behind the wheel of these vehicles, absorb the impact very well. I hear ya on that one, I was pretty bummed to because you work so hard to make the car "yours" and mod it to your liking and within seconds it is all taken away.

2 Weeks before I had just put over 1K dollars into her, due to the radiator and thermostat blowing up.

Ford is where my heart is at, but unfortunately due finances, and the money I had received from insurance I was not able to afford another truck like this :(

I am driving a 08 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Even though its not a ford, I wasn't switching over to the dark side, had to stay American Made. Ride and Comfort is great, although its not "mine" like the explorer was (being my first car).

Funny Story, I was actually looking at a 08 Limited Explorer at the time, and car wouldn't start and needed to be jumped. Regardless of course I checked out the under body, saying that the framed was crooked was an understatement, Hole car was twisted.

After leaving pissed off (Been car hunting for over a month at that point, viewing multiple cars a day, nothing impressing me), I look on craigslist and mobile and it just happened the jeep i bought was down the block from the explorer.

Glad you are ok. Its definitely a shame about your truck. Too bad you couldn't buy it back, strip it of all useful parts then scrap the rest.

quite frankly I should have tried to buy it back and part it out to members here, after the accident I just wasn't right and in alot of pain so that was the last thing on my mind. Def gunna miss the explorer and the forums, loved that car.

That sucks dude... Your ok and thats all that matters... I would definately buy it back and fix it...

When will this ford on ford violence end!?!

My 06 explorer after a old s10 was totalled

This is what a twisted right front wheel off of a old Chevy S-10 did to my beauty. Just took off the garbage. $4600 of "Fluff" wish I would have just put a grill, bumper and light on it.. It looked a lot better.

1512459_604427476261835_1980550534_n.jpg

sorry about ur x but glad ur ok

Back