Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Another NOOB

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by klown76, August 3, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. klown76

klown76 New Member

City, State:
      Oakwood OK
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1999 X SLT
      Hey everyone. Been driving my 99 X for over a year now and I really like it. 4.0 auto cloth interior bout 150k on the clock. Here recently it has started developing problems and I have been on the net all day looking for a possible solution but haven't found anything.

I can start it up and drive it fine till the temp guage get's up about half way. Then she spits sputters and shuts down. If I let it cool down for 20 min it will start back up fine and go on till it heats up again. Ruled out thermostat water pump and all that stuff in the cooling system. Checked the MAF and doesn't seem to be that either. Anyone who can point me in a good direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and hope to be around for awhile.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    4. klown76

klown76 New Member

City, State:
      Oakwood OK
      1999 X SLT
      Thanks. I thought that too but I took the thermostat out and flushed the system so I know it's all flowing properly. :( I'm down to fuel pump or intake gaskets. Really boggling my brain on this one.