Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Another TPMS question

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by WaterBrat, June 22, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. WaterBrat

WaterBrat Member

City, State:
    Tulum, MX Originally Austin, Tx
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2005 Explorer EB V8 4WD
    Hi All,

2005 EB V8

Got the Tire Pressure system failure message just before I got new tires. I finally got a magnet big enough to re train the sensors. RR sensor will not train. I understand 10 yrs is about all I should expect from the batteries in sensor.

Question: Are aftermarket sensors compatible with OEM so that I could replace the bad one, or do I have to replace them all as a set to get the TMPS to function. I live in MX and they are pretty expensive.

Also the OEM part number to help me find compatible replacement.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.
    Skipper

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Tyleryac

Tyleryac Active Member

City, State:
    NJ
    2005 Ford Explorer XLT
    I tried aftermarket sensors and didn't work. I ended up having the sensor replaced at the dealer.

4. John911

John911 New Member

City, State:
    Sarasota, Florida
    2011 Explorer
    Of course you can.

Here are some found online that will fit a 2008 Ford Explorer: http://www.titantpms.com/tpms/ford-...r-Eddie-Bauer-2008-OEM-Tire-Pressure-Sensor_2

Just buy them online for cheap and have them installed at a local tire shop.