Any 06-10 Explorer running front tow hooks? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any 06-10 Explorer running front tow hooks?

NHarris

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gillette, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Wrangler, 08 Ranger
I just wanted to know if anyone here is running tow hooks? I was at my ford dealer and they have tow hooks that supposedly fit the 06-10 Explorers. So I was wondering if anyone actually had em on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine came stock with one front 1" tow hoop and here is a picture of it

4741502841_03b93224a5_z.jpg

4742141550_ec2ddcb648_z.jpg

I just wanted to know if anyone here is running tow hooks? I was at my ford dealer and they have tow hooks that supposedly fit the 06-10 Explorers. So I was wondering if anyone actually had em on.

My dealer has no listing for the 06 10 , did they give a part number ?

Its the same as the 3rd gens and the 97-03 f150s

so I understand it is not like the hoop that I have?

do you have photos for them Nate?

From what I heard they're not like yours. I think you have that one because that Ex was probably shipped over and that was a tie down point. Makes a good tow hook :D

They are these:
97ee_2.jpg

Should hook up to the frame right before the bumper. Question is, would the bumper (without the air dam) clear the hook.

EDIT: Hmm....looking at your frame (the electrician) it doesnt have the same hook up points as my 3rd and 2nd gen does. Wonder why they would list that as an 06-10 part.

Thanks Nate

I don't think I can install these hooks to my Ursula

I actually think your one tow hook up on the front cross member is ideal for an 06+. The front bumper is too low to actually make tow hooks useful and that one is in a great spot.

I've been searching for tow hooks lol

Back