Any Aftermarket brands for our Suspension? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any Aftermarket brands for our Suspension?

Where can I find the steeda sway bars? And is there a stronger front sway bar available as well? I like a good handling vehicle and have the HR springs on my ride, however I am always looking for better performance stuff.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks bro, that is awesome! I like the bilstein struts there as well.

Hey I have bilstein b6 installed front and rears........have not put much mileage on them ywt does anyone else have them installed on all four corners yet?

Hey I have bilstein b6 installed front and rears........have not put much mileage on them ywt does anyone else have them installed on all four corners yet?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Mine are on order, and backorder at that :angryfire: But, I had Bilsteins on my Mustang with a full maximum motorsport setup so I'm sure I'll be pleased.

I have the B6 front struts and rear shocks with the H&R lowering springs. It feels good, can be bouncy at times and it is more rough over bumps. I like the way it looks on my 14.

Bilsteins are the ****, i have done B6 on BMWs, 5100s on Tundras and these shocks are a marked improvement over stok

Hello folks,

We have some great parts coming for the Ford Explorer - check out our Steeda Explorer :)

TJ

Hello folks,

We have some great parts coming for the Ford Explorer - check out our Steeda Explorer :)

TJ

STEEDA has some great parts and I hope that they continue to produce parts for the Explorer. An intercooler and strong rear toelinks are chief on the list

Nice
Keep going there are older gearheads that will buy quality stuff

Brake caliper upgrade and the front sway bar got my attention. Maybe the exhaust too, as long as no cutting is required.

I have the B6 front struts and rear shocks with the H&R lowering springs. It feels good, can be bouncy at times and it is more rough over bumps. I like the way it looks on my 14.

Did you do springs and the B6s at the same time, or springs first then the B6s?

I kept springs stock to many big bumps.....also have a push bar and bottomed out the suspension so hard the pushbar has saved the bumper a couple times........so no h&r for me.....

I did get the steeda sway bar in and installed. Not very difficult at all, cant imagine going back to stock, handles so much better now. I tried it on the highest setting first, but tht seemed a little much, so I dropped it back to the middle hole and it's great. Fell very confident in corners now but not overly so (on the highest setting it felt like if I cornered hard the rear inside wheels was going to come off the ground).
I have the rear shocks sitting in the trunk, just waiting for the front struts.

How long did the install take? My RSB will be here tomorrow.

Yes, should take less than an hour - here is a video showcasing the Swaybar & to give you an idea of look & feel after installation

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did the Steeda sway bar and trailing arms today, not difficult just time consuming. Watch YouTube Nocturnal Performance video on the sway bar install, good stuff. The trailing arms are not too difficult, getting them situated so the bolts go thru is the worst part, lots of lube on the bushings that’s go to the subframe helps. Can be done on ramps without removing the wheels, the bolts have to be torqued under load anyway so as not to preload the bushing. I was unable to torque to factory specs on ramps, 122 ft lbs to the pivot point, 111 ft lbs at the knuckle, so 110 and 100 seem to work well. Truck feels very solid and planted, noticeable improvement in steering response

Back