Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Any interest in a group buy for Katzkin leather seat skins?

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by Moddiction, January 11, 2018.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Moddiction

Moddiction New Member

City, State:
    Mooresville, NC
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2016 Explorer Sport
    We are an authorized dealer for Katzkin leather seat skins. We have done group buys on many forums and figured I would check to see if there is a demand for them on here.

If you are not familiar with Katzkin brand it is the leading aftermarket leather seat company in the world.

They do a bunch of oem seats for manufacturers as well.

These replace the factory cloth or leather seat skins and fit and look like oem.

Better quality leather than factory as well as near limitless options and colors.

You can view available colors and materials on our site here

Katzkinswatch - Katzkin Material Swatch Set - Moddiction

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Ottawa, Ontario area
    2020 Aviator Reserve II
    Callsign:
    VE3
    Can you confirm that they are designed to not interfere with side seat airbag deployment? Nice selection.

Peter

4. Rainlord

Rainlord Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Explorer 2012 XLT
    Good question @peterk9. I looked at them when I was researching replacing my cracked leather covers, but it seems you need a professional installer to do the actual work. That would be my question, is this true? And if yes, are there any of them over here in Europe (Switzerland)?

5. reserved50

reserved50 Well-Known Member

2013 Sport Exploder
    Yes, should be professionally installed. I had them on my older 2011 Exploder and they looked factory and better than the pictures shown, they haven't been worn in or maybe steam fitted? They also wore really well also, still looked new when I got rid of it :thumbsup:

If you're going to do a color change I would get SEM or some similar decent brand to respray the plastic trim on the seat to match while theyre off. P.S. Landau black is a lower gloss black if you are changing the seat color to black, obviously lol.

Last edited: January 12, 2018
  6. 1995E

1995E Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Maryland
    95 + 11 Ex both XLT
    I’m highly interested and wondering if you guys have a material similar to Tesla’s white seats?

7. Moddiction

Moddiction New Member

City, State:
    Mooresville, NC
    2016 Explorer Sport
    They do not interfere with side airbags. They are made to work the same as the stock seat skins with airbags.

As for installation if you are not comfortable taking the seats apart paying to have them installed would be a good idea.

Many people we sell the seat skins to will install them themselves. Definitely time consuming, especially by yourself but doable if you are mechanically inclined.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. xxghostxx

xxghostxx Member

2015 Sport
    I would be interested. My front seats are cracked and are not covered under warranty.

9. Forddealz

Forddealz Active Member

City, State:
    NY
    2020 Ford Explorer ST
    If you are over 36K miles. Otherwise if its within 3 year, 36K miles...I believe Ford should cover the cost of changing the leather seat covers if they are cracked. I was reading a while back on this forum that Ford covered it for someone on these forums.