any sacramento member know whats the scoop on prarie city? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

any sacramento member know whats the scoop on prarie city?

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
hey all, any sacramento area members out there know whats going on at prarie city? i wanted to make a trip up there from the bay area, which is an hour plus drive, but i read on their website that the 4x4 area was "partially closed" because they were adding new obstacles and stuff like that. my question is whether anyone out there knows how much of the park is actually closed and whether it would be worth making the trip up if it is under some renovation. any answers would be really appreciated.

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

have not been their in a while - lots of local trails still closed due to snow

last time i went it was mostly all closed, best to call ahead, they open and close it a lot.

yeah, i called both numbers that are listed on the nps website but i havent been able to get a response. ill be doing a day trip up to tahoe this coming saturday, maybe ill swing by prarie city to see what the deal is there.

yeah i believe it, last time we went out for a ford ranger forum meet, they told us everything was open we got there and it was basically shut down. if you go on a sunday in the next few weeks let me know, thats the only day off i have right now.

ok cool. right now im in training for my new job and thats monday through sat, after next sunday i go on cal 24/7 for a few weeks so i have no clue what my schedule will be.

Back