1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

anyone ever get a cortisone shot?

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by tbomb, September 25, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. tbomb

tbomb Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Levittown, NY (Long Island)
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
      i had to get a cortisone shot in my wrist today, which i injured a few weeks ago. the doctor said it would be sore for a day or 2, but it actually hurts pretty bad when i move my wrist. im just curious, when she said "sore", did she really mean "hurt?" when you guys have had the shot, did it hurt when you moved that joint? i mean, she said only a day or 2, and i plan on calling her office in the morning if it still hurts, but i just wanted to see what anyone else has to say.

thanks.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Alec

Alec Elite Moderator Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Houston, Texas
      2008 JK
      just give it a little time and see how it feels 24 and 48 hours later.

4. aldive

aldive Elite In Memoriam

1999 XLT
      I have had the infamous steroid needle in my knees for football injuries. What I remember was almost instant relief.

Hope ya feel better....

5. tbomb

tbomb Well-Known Member

City, State:
      98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
      yeah, im assuming that me and my doctor just have different definitions of "sore." im sure ill be fine, but i just thought id ask.

surprisingly with my history of sports & hobbies & injuries, this is my first encounter with cortisone, heh.

6. bonnich

bonnich Active Member

City, State:
      Toronto ontario
      03 1500 HEMI SLT
      In my experience with doctors from all the injuries I have sustained. When they say it wont hurt it will, when the say it will hurt a bit it will hurt a lot and if it they say it will hurt a lot you better hold on to something.

7. tbomb

tbomb Well-Known Member

City, State:
      98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
      well, thanks to webmd.com (and me not knowing how to spell the condition i have), after about an hour of poking around, i found out what i have:

http://my.webmd.com/encyclopedia/article/4115.14228

the doctor called it a "ganglion cyst." the one on my wrist is rather small - just a slight bump when i bed my wrist down (try to touch the under side of my forearm with my fingertips.)

the purpose of the cortisone was to try to alleviate some of the pain (i only have pain when i bend my wrist back, like trying to do a pushup), and she said it also, would most likely, make the cyst go away.

im starting to get a tiny bit more range of motion without pain in my wrist, but not much.

oh well, im only typing this cuz im really really bored and no one's on AIM to complain to, heh.

8. Big Bear Bob

Big Bear Bob Active Member

City, State:
      Big Bear area of Southern Ca. near "Rim of the World drive", & Sugarloaf Mountain
      98 XLT /01 Dodge 1500 4X4
      I've had three done in the last few months, two for ankles for severe arthritis and one for my shoulder for tendonitis. The shot was a bit of a sting, but the relief I got from the shots was and is amazing. I felt like superman for a few days until the effects of the injection faded. In the shoulder and ankles they had to go into joints to do the injections, but it wasn't that bad, and the next morning.

9. Magicfan25

Magicfan25 Active Member

City, State:
      Central FL and WPB Florida
      98 Sport SOHC
      Cortisone is used to try and desolve things like that. They did that to try and dissolve bone spurs in my moms ankle. It shrunk them a little anyhow

I've had 3 or 4 in my shoulder from when I tore it. They had to give me one shot to numb the shoulder first because the needle was a good 3" long, maybe longer