anyone know window motors

spinnn

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
The Pines
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport
Whats up all. Quick question: i have a friend with a 94 x sport and i have a 97 sport. Can anyone for sure say if the window motors will interchange? Her freaking driver window is stuck down and its raining here a lot lately...Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whats up all. Quick question: i have a friend with a 94 x sport and i have a 97 sport. Can anyone for sure say if the window motors will interchange? Her freaking driver window is stuck down and its raining here a lot lately...Thanks!

Go on RockAuto and look up the replacement motors for the 97 sport then click on the part number and it'll tell you all the vehicles it'll fit. If they have more than one motor check a few as some are made more universal than others.

Ok thanks. Ive tried looking stuff up but ive found that sometimes two part numbers will sometimes reference the same part and thats what leads to confusion. Never tried rockauto yet.

95% of the time that Ford window motors fail, it is simply due to needing new gear regulator plugs. Check the link below for an example. They are available online or at most local auto parts stores. Only takes a few minutes to change once you have the window motor out.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-74410?seid=srese1&gclid=CMqliZyrvLcCFSZo7AodYWMA_g

Chances are the motors will interchange, if you wanted to swap. Ford used the same basic motor in a LOT of applications. The only differences are that some are flipped to orient for left and right.

Sweet. I figured they were the same but you never know. I am parting out a 97 so i figured if i just threw a motor in the 94 it'd be nice and simple...wow just jinxed the crap out of myself...ha! Seriously tho as far as i know the door shell (inside) is the same from first and second gen. Thanks.

Back