Anyone Tried This? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone Tried This?

Just wonderin if anyone has taken the time to paint their factor teardrop wheels black. I dont know if it would stick very well, but $5-10 in spray paint is a little cheaper than new black steel wheels. I did it on my F-250 when I had it and it turned out great, but I am pretty sure they were steel wheels. Just checking for insight, and possibly a picture.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i've seen the inside part of the teardrop painted and it looked pretty sweet like that.

i was actually looking to paint my spare set of sawblades black

I have seen it done and it looks awful...I like the way the teardrops look stocks for sure.

Ive seen the inside painted too, and if I go with some black steel wheels, thats what im gonna do.

i kinda figured it might look stupid, just checking to see if anyone has a pic

sell them for a few hundred, than buy black wheels, it will look better and you will be making money!

off topic a bit

Big351bronc, Hey I know this is off topic a bit but I saw in your signature that you run Pro Comp AT's.... any comments on them, how you like them, what you think of the dirt traction, etc?? I am getting ready to order some and it's hard getting any real opinions on 'em. Thanks.

Back