Anyone upgraded Factory Nav system (2010 Limited)? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone upgraded Factory Nav system (2010 Limited)?

GodStang

Reaction score
City, State
SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer Limited
I am looking at replacing my Factory Navigation Sync system with an aftermarket one. I am looking at the Kenwood DNX995S. I know to keep my steering wheel controls I need the iDatalink. I have Satellite radio so would like to keep that. Anyone know if I have to buy a second antenna or if the factory Satellite antenna will work? Any other things I need to look out for? I would hate to not buy enough parts and when it comes in only get it halfway installed.

Also will be adding front and backup cameras if anyone has any recommendations.

I am looking at replacing my Factory Navigation Sync system with an aftermarket one. I am looking at the Kenwood DNX995S. I know to keep my steering wheel controls I need the iDatalink. I have Satellite radio so would like to keep that. Anyone know if I have to buy a second antenna or if the factory Satellite antenna will work? Any other things I need to look out for? I would hate to not buy enough parts and when it comes in only get it halfway installed.

Also will be adding front and backup cameras if anyone has any recommendations.
That will be all you need and the idatalink will also retain your satellite radio and comes with new GPS antenna. I just installed a Kenwood DDX 9903s with front and back cameras. Don't forget the Ford radio antenna adapter.

That will be all you need and the idatalink will also retain your satellite radio and comes with new GPS antenna. I just installed a Kenwood DDX 9903s with front and back cameras. Don't forget the Ford radio antenna adapter.

Thanks did not know there was a specific Ford Radio antenna.

Also what cameras did you go with and how do you like them?

Back