Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

anyone's explorer been "tagged" by the climate folks?

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by jasonb, October 9, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jasonb

jasonb Jackstand Wheeler Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Suwanee, GA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '99 Sport 4x4
      just curious. i got another link to those morons who put the "i'm changing the climate" stickers on SUVs. i don't know anyone that has been "tagged" as they say. always wondered if anyone here has.

i wish people that think irrationally like those idiots couldn't breed.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. section525

section525 sextion525 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Red Bluff, Ca
      1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
      No.. but it would be fun to catch someone putting something on my X. :D

4. JGAMBLE

JGAMBLE B

City, State:
      Ft. Wainwright, Ak
      1994xlt
      First I've heard of it. Gotta say, catch anyone doing it, I'm gonna lite up a smoke blow it in their faces and see if they can run faster than I can reach my baseball bat. Gotta say though, I'd love to have one of those stickers. I'd find someway to highlight so everyone could see what a big polluter I am.:D

5. GaSouthern1

GaSouthern1 Elite LS2 -

City, State:
      Duluth, Ga
      2005 GTO
      hey Jason, do you live in Maple Ridge by any chance. That is my old neighborhood and i still know a lot of people from there and i swore i saw and explorer exactly like yours sittin at the Wagner's house/old house.

Patrick

6. jjue

jjue Elite Explorer<br>sXc Member

City, State:
      Brandon, MS
      '07 Nissan Titan CC LE
      I haven't caught anyone doing that to mine, especially on campus since there are so many rednecks at MSU. Stuff like that doesn't fly in the south. However, I did catch someone trying to steal the drawbar and ball from my trailer hitch. I seriously though about cutting his balls off.

7. jasonb

City, State:
      Suwanee, GA
      '99 Sport 4x4
      that'd be me! damn that's pretty funny! we bought the place in june 2001. i feel young for the place, but oh well. most of folks think we are the kids and probably wonder where our parents are.
      you know the dude with the lifted white jeep cherokee? or the guy (i think his name is jason too) with the white frontier?

8. tbomb

tbomb Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Levittown, NY (Long Island)
      98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
      i have heard of this either, but just in case i catch someone doing it to any suv anywhere, im keeping a board with a nail in the end in my truck :p

9. jasonb

City, State:
      Suwanee, GA
      '99 Sport 4x4
    10. psychotic

psychotic Active Member

City, State:
      Olathe, KS
      RIP: '02 V8 Limited 4WD
      lol, mad? i think its a joke... how funny!

11. jasonb

City, State:
      Suwanee, GA
      '99 Sport 4x4
      not a joke.. i've seen it on the news and radio before. well.. heard the radio one.

12. psychotic

psychotic Active Member

City, State:
      Olathe, KS
      RIP: '02 V8 Limited 4WD
      it really happens, but still... its all just funny, i wouldn't care if i got one of those, that'd make my day i'd laugh so much.

13. Adam Foote

Adam Foote Active Member

City, State:
      Katy, Texas
      92 XLT
      yeah id laugh while i was beating the shit out of them.... isnt that like not legal?

14. jimbo74

jimbo74 Elite Exploder Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Nor*Cal
      2001, F150, XLT 4x4
      my truck would wear that bumper sticker with pride!

15. dejello

dejello perpetually unconcious

City, State:
      College Station, TX
      Ok, I could see putting it (not applying it) ont he truck somewhere, so I could look at it, and either put it on myself or throw it away. I think if I was pissed by it, I would see it as defacing my property... Hmm, maybe I could take them to court and actually win... You never know, people win stupid cases all the time... I do like the link that says "Sue this website"

16. jimbo74

jimbo74 Elite Exploder Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Nor*Cal
      2001, F150, XLT 4x4
      but when you click on it, it says "page error" isnt that cute? :rolleyes:

17. Robb

Robb Explorer Addict

How about the rubber and plastic used to make the sticker? Doesn't that just pollute our land for like the next trillion years? And I bet those tickets aren't made from 100% recycled products, which means trees are being cut down to make them, which changes our climate. And do those guys ride bikes or drive electric cars (which are prolly recharged by a coal burning power plant) to get from place to place to put those things on? I bet with all that driving, they pollute more than my SUV trip to work and back!
      My philosophy on these idiots is simple: He without sin shall cast the first stone! If any of these dipsh1ts could convince me that they don't hurt our planet in any shape or form, then maybe I will listen to them for a minute, but to go around vandalizing vehicles is just flat stupid.

Robb

18. Soundguy01tx

Soundguy01tx Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Katy, TX
      1991 XLT
      heh, I read the rules of engagment and i quote...

"Our Rules & Guidlines for Successful and
      Ethical Big Game SUV Tagging:

1. Only tag the big ones. The Ford Expeditions and Excursions (I avoid the Explorers), Chevy or GMC Suburbans
      --end quote

What the Heck? My explorer isnt worhty of a tag? That upsets me... I always thought I was doing my part to pollute and destroy the earth!
      --bryan

Last edited: October 9, 2002
    19. GaSouthern1

GaSouthern1 Elite LS2 -

City, State:
      Duluth, Ga
      2005 GTO
      yea man, i have seen the frontier, my brother has one so i noticed it. I thought the explorer looked familiar, that is a good neighborhood, i hope you like it. But we need to hit some trails next time i come home, i will be at school till thanksgiving. But anywho, that is cool about Maple Ridge...have a good one

20. dejello

dejello perpetually unconcious

City, State:
      College Station, TX
      Soundguy01tx - Well, I think the other website people will go for you... They don't like anyone I think... According to a negative response, they got an X

21. jasonb

City, State:
      Suwanee, GA
      '99 Sport 4x4
      its not so much the actual sticker that gets me.. its the principal of the thing. its not theirs to sticker. this mentality that seems to be rampant now just bothers me. when did it become so popular for groups such as these to assume that since they "feel" one way about a subject that everyone else should also. then when someone tries to offer another viewpoint, they are put down with childlike cutdowns or viewed as evil. its not just this group...
      i know i would be ready to give the five knuckle introduction to anyone i find trying to put a sticker on my truck. i can't stand the agenda pushing crap. if they believe that SUVs are evil.. then avoid them. or at least offer some real logic and information. but resorting to cowardly vandalism.. that's all these idiots can think of.

22. Hank

Hank Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Cape Coral, FL
      '91 EB
      I think I'll pull my cats, brew my own leaded gas, disconnect the EGR and proudly tag myself!

23. Digger196

Digger196 Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Winston-Salem, NC
      98 Cherokee
      Can't wate for one to go on our Expedition. then i can beat the living $hit outa them!!!! or on my X non the less.

24. ahhjaws

ahhjaws Moab Edition Explorer

City, State:
      Ft. Collins, CO
      1992 Explorer XLT
      Man, it's people like this that ruin the environment. I am all for protecting the environment, but they are going about this the wrong way. This is what I sent to both the site listed above and posted on their forum.

What the h@ll is this? I think you guys should actualy THINK about what you are doing. You say you are "for" the environment, which I am too. I am all for protecting the environment. But this is just stupid. What change could EVER come of this? So some SUV driver will walk up to his well earned car and see some sticker and decide "They're right! I think I will destroy my car." NO!! EVERYONE will just get pissed off, and what will they do? Blame you guys who are for the environment. Your message is lost and you have turned everyone against the environment. What you are doing is just a WASTE of paper, a WASTE of time, and a WASTE of resources. Did you know that all of the motor companies, gas companies, and many other companies donate millions and millions of dollars to environmental protection? I think they do a much better part in protecting the environment then you will ever do. Maybe you guys should get a tad bit more education on how to actually change society.

I hope that message is kind of clear.

25. zekex2

zekex2 Active Member

City, State:
      CA
      98 XLT 5.0 L AWD
      Are these the same Idiots that that will grow up and drive around in their mini vans that have 5L. engines and awd. Put on bumper sickers that say there kid is and honor student? Save up their money and become property owners, taxpayers, and other wise semi responsable adults? Just wait , it will be their kids that will be doing it to their cars when they are older. So they should just save themselves time and tag themselves.
      these are just a bunch of kids with the collective intelligence of a gnat. they havn't learned to think for themselves yet and have not lived long enough to know better. One volcano in the Phillpines spewed out more ozone depleting fumes in one year than all of modern sociaty has in the last fifty. I hope they are happy driving their yugo's and we all know that the second they can afford to they will all be driving burbans and expiditions.

nuts to them

26. JGAMBLE

JGAMBLE B

City, State:
      Ft. Wainwright, Ak
      1994xlt
      Heh, Heh, Heh:p Just wrote em and asked for em to send me some stickers so I could put em all over my Explorer. Explained to them that I wanted people to know what a polluter I was when I'm 4 wheeling or carrying my daughter and a full load of toys to tennessee. Hoping they'll send enough to coat my back bumper. You know the part I don't get is why it's suv's they attack. Nobody says anything about vans, trucks or anything else. Oh well not changing my mind cause of a few slow minded nit wits.