Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Apple Recalled 1st Gen iPod Nano's and There is Now a Replacement Program

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by tgrubbe, April 7, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. tgrubbe

tgrubbe New Member

City, State:
    Kansas City, MO
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1996 Eddie Bauer Explorer
    I'm sure some people already know, but apple recalled the 1st generation ipod nano, it came in white or black with a metal backing. The recall was for an exploding battery and if you go to apple's site and put in the serial number they will tell you if you qualify. What they will do is ship a box to you at no cost and they prepay the return shipping for you to send the old iPod back and they will send you a 6th generation one for free. Here is the link; http://www.apple.com/support/ipodnano_replacement/

I figured people might find this helpful because a lot of people had that iPod.

And just to note, I sent one with a battery that held a 15 minute charge, an extremely scratched back, a broken back light, and it was 4gb. They sent a Silver 6th Generation 8gn model to replace it. The 6th gen is the small square one with a touch screen for those of you that don't know.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. mrboyle

mrboyle I Drive By Brail Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Montrose, CO
    '95 Bronco '80 Toy
    I'll have to check into that. I think mine is a 1st gen.

4. Jason94sport

Jason94sport Well-Known Member

City, State:
    South FL
    02 Sport 2WD 5 speed
    Since the screen is busted on mine & doesn't hold a charge any longer I'm not sure they would take it back. I use it in my X as my HU controls & provides power. So the screen or battery doesn't matter to me for it's purpose.

I filled it in, seems mine is affected.

5. JMan689

JMan689 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Downers Grove, IL
    '14 Focus ST
    Sent my 2gb nano in and got an 8gb one back! Thanks for posting this (would not have known otherwise)

We Support Our Troops!