Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

AppYourCar - The MFT Alternative

Discussion in '2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology' started by 182RG, January 10, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. 182RG

182RG Active Member

City, State:
    Winchester, VA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '11 XLT / '13 Touareg TDI
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Riley

Riley Active Member

'13 XLT 4WD
    Just another device to encourage distracted driving. I just don't get the need to be in constant use of the apps on your phone.

My favorite part of the description: "The only thing you need to have your favorite apps and all your personal data available while driving your car, is an easy and safe way to control your smartphone directly. AppYourCar enables you to use all your messaging or social media apps right there on your smartphone – without taking your eyes off the road or your hands off the steering wheel."

Umm, if you're looking at your phone then you are taking your eyes off the road. I don't care how close to your line of sight you have it mounted.

4. 182RG

182RG Active Member

City, State:
    Winchester, VA
    '11 XLT / '13 Touareg TDI
    We're well past that point with MirrorLink, AppLink, etc. Much better than the 10s of millions who are fumbling with their smartphones to use Google Maps, Waze, Pandora, etc. The glass is half full, not empty.

5. gdecamp

gdecamp Active Member

City, State:
    Long Island, NY
    11 X Limited AWD
    The glass will be all over the front seat when you hit the guy in front of you. ;)

Probably not the safest idea to have in your car while driving but whatever!