• Register Today It's free!

ARB Old Man Emu Leaf Springs

JungleSkunk

Reaction score
City, State
Carbondale, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0
When looking at aftermarket options for a heavier leaf spring option for my 1998 XLT I came across a few threads discussing the ARB Old Man Emu stock and small lift (1.5") replacement leaf springs.

I want to avoid custom leaf packs and welding so a bolt on replacement is preferred.

An add a leaf is an option but I am ready to pull the trigger and replace the leafs all together.

Does anyone have personal experience with these Old Man Emu leaf springs?

I was looking at getting the 1.5" lift ones to replace a set of saggy stock springs. Will the combination of my warrior shackle lift along with the additional 1.5" for the OME leafs cause any issues or should I be ok?

would love to hear any info or alternative suggestions anyone may have.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If your going to be buying new lift springs, your better off just getting the bigger lift packs, and remove the extended shackles.

Stock length shackles are better for the rig, for a couple of reasons. 3/8" thick aftermarket shackles are available in stock 5.5"L or 6"L (1/4" lift) to replace the weak stock units.

Something to think about if your going thru the trouble of replacing them.

If your going to be buying new lift springs, your better off just getting the bigger lift packs, and remove the extended shackles.

Stock length shackles are better for the rig, for a couple of reasons. 3/8" thick aftermarket shackles are available in stock 5.5"L or 6"L (1/4" lift) to replace the weak stock units.

Something to think about if your going thru the trouble of replacing them.
I still have the old stock shackles but they are sheet metal compared to the warriors. I will have to look into a set of the 6" shackles once I get this project going.

The leafs are almost sitting flat on my rig at this point and anything is better than these tired old girls.

I might go with the stock size Emu leafs and keep the warriors for now. Lots to think about!

Thank you for pointing this out!

I use Rock Tactics 3/8" shackles (same as Warrior). They are lasercut, and very stout. You might have to open the bolt hole by 1/16" for your bolts, but these are the best bang for your buck out there for some killer quality. You have to paint them yourself. I clear coated mine just to be different.

I dare anybody to find some as good as these, for a better price! lol

Rock Tactics 3/8" Thick, 6" Shackle Plates, Set of Four

I use Rock Tactics 3/8" shackles (same as Warrior). They are lasercut, and very stout. You might have to open the bolt hole by 1/16" for your bolts, but these are the best bang for your buck out there for some killer quality. You have to paint them yourself. I clear coated mine just to be different.

I dare anybody to find some as good as these, for a better price! lol

Rock Tactics 3/8" Thick, 6" Shackle Plates, Set of Four
Those are some heavy looking plates... and $20!? I do prefer the type with the cross member welded in between them to prevent twisting but I doubt these would with that girth its rocking haha!

Its hard to do away the the warriors they are beefy! I think for now I will order the leafs at stock size and throw them on.
31301999_1949383341740522_872441087703121920_n.jpg

sorry to revive a dead thread, but does anyone have the pn or price of the stock size ome's? thank you!

Back