are the maf and tb worth the money | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

are the maf and tb worth the money

hey guys christmas is coming up and i will be getting a 70mm maf and 66mm tb bbk,.. my questions are .......are they worth the money? can you feel the difference? and if you had to guess how much horsepower did these modifactions add?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

christmas came early for me and WOW! i got the bbk throttle body, and a custom made intake (3" piping, open cone filter), i have better acceleration, and passing power, it feels like 15 more horsepower, now i can break my tires loose whenever i want, i will try to get some burnout pictures on my cardomian page asap .... will a performance chip add more then this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The performance chip will not only add a bit more, but will help to tye it all together for better overall performance.

If you have not already though, my next step would be some hi flow cat back exhaust. You have opened it up to breath in more air. Now it needs somewhere to go . Then get the chip tuned to your modifications by someone like Doug here.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123711

Like dreamr said , its chip time. It also firms up your shifts and alot of other good stuff.

P.S. Im surprise no one mentioned muffler tips. Easy 6-10 Horspower there.

Also if installed right these give you an EXTRA 10lbs of boost. Plus they look cool.
muffler_tip_large.jpg

off-road97Xplor said:
P.S. Im surprise no one mentioned muffler tips. Easy 6-10 Horspower there.

Also if installed right these give you an EXTRA 10lbs of boost.

I call B.S.

thanks for your help guys i got the 66mm bbk tb and got a k/n intake(custom made just like a kkm) and it helped so much over stock!

Back