Are you Fed up with MyFord touch like i am?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Are you Fed up with MyFord touch like i am??

hannibalhector

Reaction score
City, State
Bronx, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
An actual LEGIT solution will be available soon! These geniuses at http://maestro.idatalink.com already provide a module called the Maestro RR which allows you to install a 3rd party headunit and RETAIN ALL Sync features for various Fusions and Focus models (Sirius XM, bluetooth pairing, voice control, etc). It currently is NOT compatible with any Explorers after 2010 but it's in the works ("by summertime" according to the engineer i spoke with this morning). This is amazing news. You'll actually be able to yank out this god awful MFT unit. Throw in a far more efficient Kenwood DDX790, KEEP ALL steering wheel button functionality as well as climate control, ipod playback, etc. What this ALSO means is that you will also get DVD playback as well as several other cool bells and whistles. FINALLY some options! can't wait! :D:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have no issues with MFT in my Explorer. I will leave mine stock, but it's cool that aftermarket parts are coming out.

i have no idea what experience you may have with other in-dash navigation/stereo systems, but believe me when i tell ya, MFT pails in comparison to the stuff that Pioneer and Kenwood have out there. Some people are satisfied with basic functionality and are willing to accept the clunky interface of MFT. I steered several friends away from the EXP because the MFT is so bad. now that options are on the way, it brings me a whole new appreication for my EXP!

HI,

We will not be covering the My Ford Touch cars. The large screen and smaller screens in the cluster are too integrated and require video signal, which our current hardware does not support.

What we are working on is the "My Ford" radios (base radios with the small 4 inch screen) so you can add Navi in Focus, Fusion, Explorer and Edge.

Thanks,

really!?!?! i just got off the phone with one of your colleagues and he claimed it was 'in the works' now you completely depressed me :(

Well this thread just took an abrupt 180.

i have no idea what experience you may have with other in-dash navigation/stereo systems, but believe me when i tell ya, MFT pails in comparison to the stuff that Pioneer and Kenwood have out there. Some people are satisfied with basic functionality and are willing to accept the clunky interface of MFT. I steered several friends away from the EXP because the MFT is so bad. now that options are on the way, it brings me a whole new appreication for my EXP!

it may pale in comparison but I could care less. My phone works well, the sound is good for a factory stereo, climate and navigation work as advertised, everything integrates well, and MFT is really easy to use if you take 5 minutes to figure it out.

I guess people always want better but MFT seems to work well enough for me. Good luck with the aftermarket though.

Honestly, I'll take the MFT in my Explorer over the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT (software upgraded to Z140BH). the Z130BT is nice, and was the Top of the Line Pioneer 14 months ago, but it's not as nice as MFT. It is more stable, but no where the features.

it may pale in comparison but I could care less. My phone works well, the sound is good for a factory stereo, climate and navigation work as advertised, everything integrates well, and MFT is really easy to use if you take 5 minutes to figure it out.

I guess people always want better but MFT seems to work well enough for me. Good luck with the aftermarket though.

Exactly! People are still on the bandwagon that the whole system still sucks and love to complain even after the updates. I have not had any problems with it so far and actually really like it, plus the integration is very well done. Touch screen could be a little faster to respond in cold weather but it's still not that bad.

I'm very happy with MFT. Haven't really had any issues with it.

I'm very happy with MFT. Haven't really had any issues with it.
I have no problems with the MFT either. As I have posted before, it has been virtually flawless for me.

Peter

I have all sorts of issues. I feel like the updates fix certain things and break others. The most recent update did wonders for the NAV, but now my ipod playback is screwy. Takes an eternity to index. even when i don't add any music it still indexes AFTER previously saying 'indexing complete' there's also the worst issue i've had with MFT that has persisted since i first got it where if i start the care inside an indoor parking garage, it takes upwards of 15-20 mins for the GPS to find satellites. it's terrible. there's also no built in restart button. The system is really terrible. if you guys claim to have zero issues, i can only assume you don't fully utilize all the features

Hannibalhector, jodie foster will be after you soon be aware.

I have all sorts of issues. I feel like the updates fix certain things and break others. The most recent update did wonders for the NAV, but now my ipod playback is screwy. Takes an eternity to index. even when i don't add any music it still indexes AFTER previously saying 'indexing complete' there's also the worst issue i've had with MFT that has persisted since i first got it where if i start the care inside an indoor parking garage, it takes upwards of 15-20 mins for the GPS to find satellites. it's terrible. there's also no built in restart button. The system is really terrible. if you guys claim to have zero issues, i can only assume you don't fully utilize all the features

Your assumption is incorrect. I use it daily, fully and without any issue. Just because you have issues, it doesn’t mean the vast majority of MFT owners share the same experience or thoughts as yourself.

Exactly! People are still on the bandwagon that the whole system still sucks and love to complain even after the updates. I have not had any problems with it so far and actually really like it, plus the integration is very well done. Touch screen could be a little faster to respond in cold weather but it's still not that bad.

i have the latest software and many issues going in for servive soon..
freezes
screen goes black every so often
loses satelite contact daily
freezes after phone call
and a few other choice glitches here and there as these are the most common

My Ltd has no issues with MFT now. My White Sport is working flawlessly and I can't complain about MFT. System is working great. No need to go aftermarket when the OEM one is working as intended.

My MFT system also works extremely well now. I also park in a garage where I lose the GPS satellites, but it usually picks up almost instantly. The longest I've seen it stay lost is for 1/5 of a mile as I left the garage on a rainy day. It picked up as soon as I got to the end of my lane.

My mft also works well minor issues but 99.9% works seamlessly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The problem is you are using an Apple product :) get an Android player and that will solve that issue.

I always have a phone connected, Galaxy note 2, for music and use NAV because I like random computer voices talking to me when I drive :) and NEVER had any issue. Maybe you do not know how to work MFT. Have you read through the manual to see if you aren't screwing something up or thinking it should do something it is not designed for? It is not going to make you breakfast on your way to work, I know, hard to believe. :D

Back