Arizona Run March 16-17 2002 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Arizona Run March 16-17 2002

Alec, I hate to say, but that wouldn't be a good idea. With 2wd you may need to have someone in front to strap you. I know that on the Crown King trail there is a real possibilty that will happen. Stockers can make it, but it won't be a walk in the park.

I have seen stock TJs getting strapped on that trail.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:p :shoot: :frustrate :fire: :mad:

Are you trying to say something :rolleyes:

In the book look at the Back Way to Crown King in Area 5 and Martinez Cabin in Area 7.

The Crown King run is an all day affair. All vehicles will find something for them on this trail as there are bypasses for all the hard core stuff.

The Martinez Cabin run will be run by all up until the cabins. From there the big dawgs will continue up Martinez Canyon and we will have to find something else for the stockers. Possibly the Coke Ovens. I think the stockers would find that very challenging, in fact it may be better to find something a little less difficult.

During the Truckhaven run several of the stockers recieved varying amounts of damage from scratched and bent nerf bar/steps to bent and broken exhausts. This is a possibilty on the Arizona runs as well so be warned...

Rick,
If its following the book I wouldn't mind leading the stockers.
Your pictures of Martinez Canyon make me go :eek: . . . and my parents will be with me and I'm pretty sure they won't want to do the hard core stuff.
However if its going to require a prerun, i don't think I could swing the extra time for that. I wouldn't mind tail-gunning though.

It is almost completely aparent that I will be the limiting factor (after all someone has to be, right?) Especially for the stocker crowd. So my question is; what can I do to be the least limiter of the stockers.... the requ'd trail stuff is a given, I have a full size spare. And? Well, if there is stuff (within reason) that I should pickup between now and then.... I will gladly try to work it out. Thanks, Becker.

well I dont think I"ll be able to make this run. It sounds like a definite trip for future fun though :). I'm going to be driving to Washington to install my lift then down to California to hang out with some of the local F-150 folks down there and coming back, so that's gonna take quite a bit of vacation time. Wish I could make it though :). hope to see everyone at moab!

Becker, first of all, don't worry about it. Yes I have a lift, tires, power, etc; but I still only have 2wd and most always am the limiting factor :rolleyes:

However, you might be able to do a slight lift and get some 31s under there. As long as you have all the req'd equipment, you're fine. These runs are all about helping each other and seeing what our trucks can do, in all forms.

Oh, I don't know if it's on the list or not, and if your ST has them, but you need some good tow hooks, front and back. Hooks are much better than a ghetto-rigged towpoint.

Originally posted by mattadams
well I dont think I"ll be able to make this run. It sounds like a definite trip for future fun though :). I'm going to be driving to Washington to install my lift then down to California to hang out with some of the local F-150 folks down there and coming back, so that's gonna take quite a bit of vacation time. Wish I could make it though :). hope to see everyone at moab!

Where in California?

I'm debating too.....

not quite sure yet Tom, but you really outghtta check out the california chapter of f150world... they've got several hundred members, probably several in your area... they are all a bunch of good guys. Not sure where in California I'm gonna be yet though, still need to work that out. It'll be after a 5" RCD lift and new headers though :)

great, another online BBS that allows obnoxious signatures..

Lead

Rick,
I'd be interested. Let's plan a pre-run this month so I can get aquainted with the area. I have the 17th, 24th and the 31st available in February. Any of those work for you? I may have some Mondays but I have to take classes for work so those are iffy, and am flying to Chicago on the 4th so one is gone already.
Rick
PS Even though I had to fire a manager right before the Truckhaven weekend, the guy I hired on Wednesday owns an Explorer so at least I am trying to make amends!

Originally posted by tdavis
great, another online BBS that allows obnoxious signatures..
I told you f150world.com took off the ability to have signatures right? :)

Originally posted by mattadams

I told you f150world.com took off the ability to have signatures right? :)

yes, and there's still some showing up. Try browsing the f150 sites with a 33.6 modem some day.. you'll regret it.

sorry for the OT..

Do you still have those two big ass pictures under your posts Matt:p And why are you going to Washington to install a lift??

Rick, any of those dates work for me. The sooner the better. Thanks.

LOL no I took those off :). I'm going ot Washington cause theres a few people up there that have done the lift that have offered to help me for free, including installing new headers and new "high performance" brakes front and rear (possibly from ART except he doesn't have them for my rear rotors), so I'll ahve some good experience help and save a ton on labor, plus tget to meet some f-150 owners from outside of my local region :).

Alec, well thanks for the reassurance. Even if I were a limiter for clearance hang-ups; I guess I could rely more on driver skill :D Although that remains to be seen. I wish I could go with 31 or 32's before then... and it wouldn't be a problem for me to borrow bigger tires; but I have 16" wheels. So I will have to wait on tires for a bit. I have corresponded with DesertSpive regarding the similarity of our rigs... and I think I'll be OK. I need to find a co-driver though.

Rick, I finally met up with -=Daemon=- and I could see if he'd be up for a pre-run, if you wouldn't mind any company. Either his truck or mine (if you want a taste of stocker-style).... let me know we're only 130 mi away!!
:cool:

Anyone available next weekend for a stocker run North of Phoenix?

Saturday

Rick,
I may be able to go Saturday. I'll have to change the schedule at work to accomodate so I'll get back to you by Thursday and see if you have made alternate plans yet.
Rick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok thanks.

Back