Arizona Run March 16-17 2002 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Arizona Run March 16-17 2002

Saturday

Rick,
I can get away Saturday if your still up for a run then. I sent you an E-mail also.
Rick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let us know how it goes. I was going to tell Rick that I wanted to go (represent the stockers), but earlier in the week I remembered that I am still compiling the mandatory trail items. (From the list that was posted of mandatory items to have on a run). And that is what held me up..... if this weekend doesn't work out for you to do a pre-run, let me know; I will buy a CB antenna,some other stuff, and air this week (still need to get a 'D' Ring) .... and I would be able to do it next weekend.

Maybe next Sunday?

This weekend did not work out. Possibly next Sunday?
If not next Sunday, then the Saturday after that...
Depends on what Rick H. has available.
Rick

Rick,
If you need me to lead the stocker run on Saturday I will do it. I just need to get my CB fixed. Can anyone recomend a CB shop in phoenix that can figure out what the heck is wrong with my CB? It has never worked properly. The last step that has no bipass is the only part I would worry about on Saturday. Do you normally go by the Hot Springs on the way up to Crown King? If not I recomend it. Sunday I will take the group through box canyon and get them to the cabins, but the stockers can continue to the coke ovens if they want. I will go with the big dawgs up over the martinez mines. If you want me to lead that I will.

Most likely we will be taking the entire group to Crown King, given the size of the group I think we should blow off the Hot Springs and just push on to Crown King.

I also thought about what the stockers could do after they reach the cabins... I'm a bit worried that they may not be able to make it over that one big boulder in the trail. You know which one I mean? You kind of turn right as you go up it.

This one?

1000028444_129200250947PM0.1290247.jpg

I can hardley believe I made it with 2" and 31s.
It was great to hear later that my sister-in-law's boyfriend parked his jeep there and rode with a friend.

Ok people! I see that out of 26 people that have sign up for this run only 7 people have confirm their reservations with their deposits. This is the reason again why Rick is asking for these deposits, so that he can plan on how many people will be running which run's (ex. stock, modified & Big Dawg) and be able to find the people who will be volunteering their time to lead these run's.

I hate to be so hard on you people, but I have been ask to put run's together in the pass, and it is very time comsuming to put these on and very disappointing when you sign up and don't show. So, put your money where your mouth is! This run is only a month away!:)
Let's show some support for Rick & Char!:D

So you think that's a bit much for the guys on stock tires with and with no-lift? Unfortunately there's no bypass for that one.

Pretty neat pic... winch em up or over... chuck some stones or a few 4x4 blocks to help em up and over...
Pete

Hehehe, can't I just hit my N2O? :bounce:

I know pics never do obstacles justice, but I know I can make it, just might need the strap.

Paul B and Rick; the only reason you don't have my deposit yet is, that I am a bonehead and can't get the pay-pal to work:mad: I think this is most likely 'operator-error' though. I will see what I can do to mail the duckets. If I can make the pre-run, could I give it to you then? I'm still working on making the pre-run; coming in from Tucson it will be an all day deal.

BTW, I did send in my deposit :cool:

I think those with no lift may even need the strap in box canyon. I didn't make it through stock (but I didn't have anyone with me to pull me through the rough stuff). It's amazing what those 2" do for you.

Got a room...

Hey all,

I just got a room at the Hawthorne Suites I think it is. I got a suite: 1 queen and 1 fold-out. $89 a night.

If someone wants the fold-out you got it for $40 a night.

Alec, I'll crash on the fold-out if you don't mind...40 bucks is a pretty good price as long as I have a roof over my head...

Sold. I figure that's fair since the queen is probably better.

I got Mar 15-17. We'll make meeting plans closer to the run.

Rick; hopefully you received my funds.... We just sent it. Now I need to figure out where to sleep:eek: It might sound crazy, but how long of a drive is it, from Chandler to up by where you are? Probably too far.... but I have family in Chandler.

It's about 50 minutes to Chandler. I just recieved your pay pal payment. Thanks.

BTW, we will be closer to Chandler the day we do the Martinez run. Maybe you could meet them for dinner that night.

Rick,
That boulder is on the run to the coke ovens correct?
I dont think it will be a problem for anyone running a 91-94 with stock tires and at least a limited slip. I made the run through box canyon, to the coke ovens and also to the martinez cabin on stock tire, no lift and the factory limited slip. The crown king was different, on a stock platform I made it all the way to the last step without any problems. I was able to by-pass all the hard stuff. I did make it over the step with no damage with the aid of a strap.
I speak only for those that have the 91-94 Explorers. I am not sure about the newer body style.
Also, I dont think it takes any longer to drive by the hot springs. It is a must see for those new to AZ. If you want I will lead a group there and we can meet you at the half way point and regroup.

Finally, Does anyone have a suggestion for a CB shop in AZ. I dont know where to start.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rick,
You might want to change the first post on this thread. It still shows that on Sunday we are doing Terminator and Raw Deal.
FYI

Back