Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

ASWC-1 Installation help

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by numbah54, July 9, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. numbah54

numbah54 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    mercury mountaineer 2002
    I just installed a pioneer avh-4500bt into my car. I tried installing the aswc-1 steering wheel audio control adapter. I have the red wire wired correctly and the black wire grounded (which I'm pretty sure I can just connect to the black wire of the aftermarket stereo wiring harness) but I can't figure out where to or how do I splice the gray/red wire of the aswc-1 with a wire thats in the car? The directions say to wire it to a specific pin 14 but there is no pin 14 wire on the other side of it, nor do I know how to just connect a wire onto the car's harness.

My basic question is, how the heck to I connect the steering wheel control wire to the car wire? Where is it, what color is it, and can I cut both and just use a butt connector? or What wire do I "splice" into?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. DjDom

DjDom Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Toronto, Ontario
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    97 XL(imited)

We Support Our Troops!