Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

At a lost . I have a 2005 Ford Explorer with the advancetrac system have four things wrong with this

Discussion in 'Transmissions & Transfer Cases' started by Dwight Ramseur, March 3, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    Tags:
    1. Dwight Ramseur

Dwight Ramseur New Member

City, State:
      Lithonia
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2005 Ford Explorer
      At a lost . I have a 2005 Ford Explorer with the advance Trac system . I have four things wrong with this vehicle since I bought it . What could cause the advance trac light to come on as well as the ABS light?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. JK080

JK080 Transmission Moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      North Ga
      05 F250 6.0
      Any issue with the ABS system will cause those lights to come on, my suggestion is to have the vehicle scanned for codes in all systems. Once you have the codes you will have a better understanding on what might be going on. The most common issue I see with this system is faulty wheel speed sensors or failed ABS modules.

4. Jeremy Nixon

Jeremy Nixon New Member

City, State:
      Elizabeth City,NC
      2006 Explorer XLT
      I just went through same issue. Culprit was my front wheel bearing hub assembly. Had worn out and had quite a bit of play. Replaced it and lights cleared before getting out of the driveway.