1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

ATC problems

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by ldevore, September 23, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. ldevore

ldevore New Member

City, State:
      Ripley, OH
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '98 Eddie Bauer
      My problem is my 98 Eddie Bauer blows hot air when I switch it to vent no matter what the temp is outside. The ac air temp is always 60 no matter what the numbers read and the heat always blows 90 degree air. When I switch it to vent, which should be outside air, it blows 90 degree heat. Is this a blend door probem or something else? Any suggestions how to fix it?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Robb

Robb Explorer Addict

The first fix I would try is to clean the thermistor real well. It should be right behind the little round louver looking thing directly to the right of the radio bezel. That cover just pops out. I would use some q-tips and alcohol. A blast of air will also help in cleaning it.

Robb