Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

attn 95 owners Fog light relay has been found!!!

Discussion in 'Performance Lighting' started by rydinhigh, September 22, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. rydinhigh

rydinhigh Guest

Well our fog light relay is in a completely different spot than the 98's. Our is located in our power distribution block. if you look at pg. 454 of your owners manual it tells you exactly where it is. I just got off of work so I need to get some sleep then im gonna go play with it.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Mikes95XLT

Mikes95XLT Active Member

City, State:
      Bartlett, IL (currently in Bloomington for school)
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '95 XLT
      Hmmmm I have some homework to do and then now that you told me where it is, I have to go seal up the other wires.... oh well. Keep me posted and I'll do the same for you if I get to it before you do... cool?

4. Mikes95XLT

Mikes95XLT Active Member

City, State:
      '95 XLT
      Well I taped up the other wires, and now I'm reading through the owner's manual, and it says that a lot of high current circuits go through there... and from the manual I couldn't figure out where it would be that we'd be looking for a fog lamp relay.... keep me posted on what you find out though cause I'm interested to know...

5. DVS1

DVS1 Active Member

City, State:
      Bolingbrook IL
      98 EB
      Damn Mike!,

I see where this has progressed to.......
      Hey man I'm still willing to help you out wherever I can.......I cant believe no one else on this board with a 95 ex ,has wired there fogs in this configuration....
      Perhaps they have, and have just not seen the post...or dont remember how they did it or?????....

Our best hope would be that some one with a 95 steps forward and chimes in......and if rydnhigh actually is able to complete the task, perhaps he can do a small write up on the procedure........

D

6. Robb

Robb Explorer Addict

My suggestion:

Find the hot wire to the running light, tap into it with another wire. Find the hot wire to the fog light and snip it. Mount and ground an external (SPST) relay in this area (all of this should be able to be done right up front). Run the wire tapped off of the running light into the trigger terminal of the relay. Hook the wire coming FROM the driving light (used to be hot) into one of the switched terminals of the relay. Run a wire from the battery (with the proper rated fuse) to the other switched terminal of the relay.

Anytime the running lights are turned on, the power going to the light triggers the relay and makes a 12V+(via the battery) to the driving light.

You can repeat the same process on the other side or run another wire from the same point where you connected to the single driving light to the relay over to the other side to run the other driving light.

It is simple to do and easily reversible when/if you decide to sell the truck.

Robb

7. Mikes95XLT

Mikes95XLT Active Member

City, State:
      '95 XLT
      Hey D

It's not that I don't think you aren't willing to help anymore that's not it... he just posted this thread to get the '95 owners attention, and I figured if he can find it then I want to know how! :cool:

I really appreciate all the help you've given me so far I really do. I just can't go buy a circuit tester right now to test all the wires, cause I'm a little short in the cash area, but we're gonna keep truckin (no pun intended) and figure this out.... ALL of us! :D

And like you said... anyone else with a 95 or near that have any input on this? It would be appreciated...

And once we figure this out, I'm planning on making a page on my personal website and link to it here on EXACTLY how to do this with a '95 or anything with the same wiring....

8. rydinhigh

rydinhigh Guest

sorry guys I didn't have a chance to do this today but from looking at the page I found the relay on it looks like its going to be really easy. The fuse for the parking lights aka a hot wire is like 5 slots up from where the relay for the fog lights is. I will do this tomorrow and let every one know how to do it.

9. Mikes95XLT

Mikes95XLT Active Member

City, State:
      '95 XLT
      Can't wait! Good luck man! :D

10. 03ExplorerSPT

03ExplorerSPT Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Quincy, IL
      2003 Sport XLT Premium
      Hey guys I'm glad that you two are goin after this "problem". I have been wondering how to get the fogs with the parking lights too but I don't think my mother would be too happy to know that I have no idea what I'm doing. I hope you guys get it figured out soon 'cuase I'm sure there are a lot more people who have the same question. Keep up the good work guys!

11. Mikes95XLT

Mikes95XLT Active Member

City, State:
      '95 XLT
      Don't tell your mom then..... :D

But seriously, I was very confident when DVS1 offered to help me through the process of getting everything out, looking for what I needed etc. I felt that I had the upper hand in a way cause of all the help I recieved from this board, especially from DVS1 and taxxman to name a couple. They really made sure I knew what the hell I was doing..... and I thank them and everyone else who offered knowledge of this to help us get it done right. Thanks to everyone!

:chug:

12. Mikes95XLT

Mikes95XLT Active Member

City, State:
      '95 XLT
    13. Brian97V8

Brian97V8 Active Member

City, State:
      Hutchinson, Ks
      97 XLT V8 AWD
      ?

Anyone got this figured out yet?

14. Mikes95XLT

Mikes95XLT Active Member

City, State:
      '95 XLT