Audio setup question

TheDyingJoke

Reaction score
City, State
El Paso, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer
I'm new to the group, and was wondering if I could get some input on a question
So, I've been reading a lot of the posts on here and I can't come to a definite answer. So I guess I'll ask for my particular situation. I have an 05 Explorer 4.0 V6 with 130 amp stock alt and stock Duralast Gold 65 series battery.
Currently running Massive Audio NX4, 4 channel amp, Hifonics Brutus BRZ 2400.1D, 2 KFCXW120 400RMS wired down to 2ohms and 4 Rockford Fosgate 6.5 speakers at 45 RMS.
My lights dim whenever the bass hits. I've gotten several suggestions for this.
1. Get a HO Alt.
2. Get a 2nd agm battery (xs power XP950)
3. Upgrade main battery.
Suggestions? I've already done the big 3 by the way.
P.s. still have over 2 years warranty on my Duralast Battery and lifetime warranty on my stock alternator.
Thanks!

What kind of source wiring are you running? I am not familiar with your components per say, but you should probably be running at least a 2 gage lead back for power. Additionally, you should run a similar gage for grounding each amp to frame. The amp that is powering the subwoofers (2-12"?) should have a 1 farad capacitor placed inline to compensate for the current draw exhibited during bass notes.

My setups usually include:

1. Power lead to a fused distribution block

2. Separate ground leads for all amps using the same gage as the power led for the amp

3. All amps supporting sub woofers need a capacitor, unless you are running a high output alternator (200 amp) with high end battery.

Best of luck...

Back