Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Auto lock t-case to manual lock t-case

Discussion in 'Modified 1991-1994 Explorers' started by 94 navajo, August 15, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. 94 navajo

94 navajo New Member

City, State:
    Granite Falls WA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    94 Navajo DX
    Hey everybody, i was wondering if anybody's swapped the auto shift push button transfer case and i want to swap it with a floor shift t case and manual locking hubs. with the manual t-case bolt right up? i know i'll have to cut a hole in the floor, but does anybody know if it'll bolt up to the tranny or if i'll have to swap the driveline?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Brian1

Brian1 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Albuquerque, NM
    1991 XLT
    Callsign:
    KG5BAQ
    It bolts right up. No floor cutting is necessary, just get the cover plate from the donor vehicle. No driveline mods needed. Search, this has been covered lots of times before!

4. 94 navajo

94 navajo New Member

City, State:
    Granite Falls WA
    94 Navajo DX
  5. Dora The 4x4'a

Dora The 4x4'a Active Member

City, State:
    Smalltown, Md
    '92 XLT
    what donor vehicles have a manual t case that will bolt up? i have warn spinners and i really want to get rid of this damn auto push button b/s

6. Backwoods "X"

Backwoods "X" Active Member

City, State:
    Mt. Sterling, Ky
    94 XLT
    Ranger comes to mind...

7. mr cribb

mr cribb US Army Retired Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Harviell, MO
    94 Chevy Z71, 93 X EB
    pretty sure the later 80's ranger t-cases are compatible, if there's no 90's models avail.

8. Backwoods "X"

City, State:
    Mt. Sterling, Ky
    94 XLT
    All of the older Ranger cases will bolt up, you might, however, have to do some "adjusting" on the linkage to get it to fit correctly. Usually, just extending the shifter "finger" piece will do it. It makes more sense when you actually bolt things together. I have a 84 model 1350 hanging on the back of a 98 model M5 waiting to go into my 84 Ranger. I still have to cut and stretch the shifter finger before I can install it. Takes around 10-20 minutes with a cutoff wheel, scrap steel, and a welder.

9. little x

little x Well-Known Member

City, State:
    SW VA
    '91 XL
    This has all be covered before, but you want to get a 1354m (you currently have a 1354e) not a 1350, the front drive shaft flange is different. Lots of rangers have the 1350, so look closely at the front flange if you aren't sure if it's a 1350 or a 1354. You can find 1354's in some year rangers, 91-94 explorers, and IIRC late bronco II's. If you find one without the shift linkage don't worry, they are really easy to make with nothing more then an angle grinder, a vice, and a hammer.

10. Backwoods "X"

City, State:
    Mt. Sterling, Ky
    94 XLT
    As little x said, there IS a difference in the front output. The 1350 'shaft slides into the 'case, while the 1354 front shaft bolts on. I used the 1350 since I allready have several of them, and the driveshafts to boot. I take issue with paying over $300 for a transfercase that has as many, if not more, miles than mine have, plus having to pay shipping on it, since around here, pretty much everything in the yards is "E" shift.