Auto Transmission Shifting | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto Transmission Shifting

I thought I read somewhere last night that the 95 xlt's don't have a kickdown cable is this correct??My 95 isn't shifting out of first either until i let off the gas then it will go on

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lori, that is correct. The '95+ transmissions are electronically controlled by the computer.

I tried adjusting my kickdown cable, push the grey button down and pull out the sleeve all the way and then step on the pedal all the way down..

It did absolutely nothing.

Maybe I did wrong and should try again?

I am hating my explorer right now...I am actually going to Nissan tonight and pricing an 02 altima 5 spd

Amen Go to nissan

I can relate. I'm hating Explorers and just about anything else made by Ford right now. I rented a 2003 Altima last weekend. Great car...Go for it... Lori

yep

Ford transmissions are the best advertising the Japanese ever had. Look at my recent threads. Same symptioms with only 64,000 miles. tranny is junk. If the "OD OFF" light were not blinking, Id trade it back in to Ford and it would be their problem.

It kills me that GM tranies are $500 and Ford trannies are $2500. Ford sucks.

Re: yep

Originally posted by J. Kennedy
It kills me that GM tranies are $500 and Ford trannies are $2500. Ford sucks.

Don't tell anybody but that is the exact reason I am looking to dump the Ex for a full size blazer with a 350/Turbo 350 combo. You can buy a built up Turbo 350 from Summit for 750.00 Local shop rebuilds them INCLUDING THE TORQUE CONVERTER for 425.00!!

I just dropped 800 for a TC job on the Ex... :mad:

teste drove the 2K2 Laurie you are right on that car is hott

Back