1. Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Aviator Hybrid scheduled for production next week.

Discussion in '2020 Ford Explorer & Aviator Order Status Threads' started by Zeeb, November 6, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Zeeb

Zeeb Elite Explorer

City, State:
    St George, UT
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2018 Explorer Platinum
    Well so far everything the dealer has told me about dates has been correct. I ordered this in late August, about the end of September he told me that it was looking like week of Nov 11, for build and delivery mid Dec.

Just talked to him and it's supposed to be built next week, just like they told me initially.

Picture me fingers crossed, I've had new vehicles put on hold due some part not being available so it doesn't take much.

Just got another update from the dealer saying mine will go to production on 11/12/19.

Last edited: November 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. RJT895

RJT895 New Member

2017 Fusion Ti Hybrid
    I hope you are correct. I have my VIN so I can check order status. My hybrid custom-ordered in July shows an "In Production" date of 11/4/19 with N/A for dealer delivery date.

4. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Ottawa, Ontario area
    2020 Aviator Reserve
    Callsign:
    VE3
    Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

5. Zeeb

Zeeb Elite Explorer

City, State:
    St George, UT
    2018 Explorer Platinum
    If I understand those links to Ford for checking your order process, they are supposed to show a build date if it's got one, all mine says "status":"Scheduled to Day","primaryStatus":"In Order Processing",

The other website to check for window stickers which according to one of the mods here, should be available 5-7 days before the vehicle goes to production. Checking that website for my sticker just says "that sticker has not been released yet".

I was in touch with my "concierge" lady about ten days ago and she is supposed to keep me updated on order progress twice a month starting tomorrow on the 15th of the month. We'll see but from what I already know, it ain't looking too spiffy.... :(

6. Zeeb

Zeeb Elite Explorer

City, State:
    St George, UT
    2018 Explorer Platinum
    New email from my "concierge" lady and my Aviator is still just "in process", no dates available yet. Looks like crossing my fingers didn't help.... lol

7. Zeeb

Zeeb Elite Explorer

City, State:
    St George, UT
    2018 Explorer Platinum
    Talked to my dealer on Friday and he told me that mine had been pushed back to the 18th of November and then again to the 25th of November instead of being produced last week. Never ordered a Ford before, but my experience with GM and Jeep indicate that this is what happens when the factory is short a part. So they'll push 'em back a week or so at at time waiting for the missing piece to show up at the factory.

8. Zeeb

Zeeb Elite Explorer

City, State:
    St George, UT
    2018 Explorer Platinum
    WOOHOO!!!!! :)

The status of my order changed this after noon 11/19/19;
    "Sent to Plant","primaryStatus":"In Production",

The other tracking page for stickers which I read somewhere here, is usually available 5 to 7 days before it gets sent to production, still says my sticker has not been released.

Last edited: November 24, 2019
  9. Zeeb

Zeeb Elite Explorer

City, State:
    St George, UT
    2018 Explorer Platinum
    I've been forced to figure out how to break down those "Blend" dates. They European format had me confused and I wasn't aware that the last four digits are a sequence number. I now believe that the bottom center date inside the line is the day that the order gets updated. The date on the bottom left outside the line is the date that the sticker was assigned/generated.The Blend date and the date on the lower right corner are the same and have always said 12-01-19 on the sticker for the build date.

My salesman sent me a copy of the dealers notice and all the dates that I was told showed up on the form. The blend date never changed, so all this monkey business about contacting the dealer and checking the Ford customer tracking web site has been for naught.

So unless something funky happens, it should be built next Sunday the 12-01-2019. Funny thing about that date is my salesman told me it'd be December before it was built and that was in August.

10. Zeeb

Zeeb Elite Explorer

City, State:
    St George, UT
    2018 Explorer Platinum
    Okay it's been a long 10 days. My salesman called me yesterday 12/04/19 to say that my Aviator was "in production" but the ford.com tracking website didn't indicate any change. Today's update including a build date of 12/04/19 showed up plus an ETA date of 12/29/19.

YES!

However based on what I've learned here, I'm reasonably convinced that it has been built. The "end date ETA" is still really suspect, but at least it looks like it's built..... :)