Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

AVS Vent Visors

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by lowrd03vr6, July 20, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. lowrd03vr6

lowrd03vr6 New Member

City, State:
      Culpeper, VA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2008 Eddie Bauer
      I am looking to get a set of vent visors for my Explorer and I am looking for some feedback. I really want a set that is in-channel, not the outside stick on type. I was looking at the WeatherTech brand but I don’t like the way they go all the way down to the bottom of the window near the mirror, if that makes any sense.

Does anyone have the AVS in-channel visors, and if so, how do you like them?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. jupiterak

jupiterak Active Member

2006 Explorer EB V8 4x4
      I have the weathertech and they're ok. Front ones work fine but the rear two tend to snag at times when rolling up the window. The in-channel tape doesn't stick too well. This happens once every 5 or so times.

4. Divemaster191307

Divemaster191307 Active Member

City, State:
      Germantown, MD
      '07 EB
      I have the WeatherTech all around and I like them. In the last 4 years, I've never had a problem, even after taking the front ones off and back on when I had the windows tinted.

5. RaistliN

RaistliN New Member

City, State:
      Little River Gloucester, New-Brunswick
      2000 XLT AWD V8
      I have AVS on my 2000 AWD, and they are great. They are inside the window channel and held there by some 3M tape and holds great, however I did thoroughly cleaned the inside with some alchool pads before mounting them. The only thing I find is they're a bit noisy on the highway, other than that 2 thumbs up.