• Register Today It's free!

AVS Vent Visors

lowrd03vr6

Reaction score
City, State
Culpeper, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Eddie Bauer
I am looking to get a set of vent visors for my Explorer and I am looking for some feedback. I really want a set that is in-channel, not the outside stick on type. I was looking at the WeatherTech brand but I don’t like the way they go all the way down to the bottom of the window near the mirror, if that makes any sense.

Does anyone have the AVS in-channel visors, and if so, how do you like them?

I have the weathertech and they're ok. Front ones work fine but the rear two tend to snag at times when rolling up the window. The in-channel tape doesn't stick too well. This happens once every 5 or so times.

I have the WeatherTech all around and I like them. In the last 4 years, I've never had a problem, even after taking the front ones off and back on when I had the windows tinted.

I have AVS on my 2000 AWD, and they are great. They are inside the window channel and held there by some 3M tape and holds great, however I did thoroughly cleaned the inside with some alchool pads before mounting them. The only thing I find is they're a bit noisy on the highway, other than that 2 thumbs up.

Back