Back break rotors stuck. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Back break rotors stuck.

Reaction score
City, State
Canton, ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 5.0L V8
The back break rotors on my 97 explorer are not coming off. The e-brake is off and whatever i do i cant get the back rotors off. Please help me! I dont know what to do?!?!?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BFH (big f'ing hammer) will work.. :hammer:

i tried that i used a BFH and it wont come off. Will it be ok to crack the rotor or maybe saw it off??? I also tried to heat up the rotor and lubed it but nothing works.

Sawing through that would take forever. You can try some jaw pullers and smacking it. We did that before, kept smacking it, tighten the pullers, smacked it, tightening more and then it finally broke free.

did you take off the caliper and all that stuff?

Yeah i took everything off that you have to to replace rotors. Will anything break if i hit it too hard?!?!?!?

Just don't smack the studs, they're not too hard to replace, but they can be if the store keeps giving you the wrong size.

Did you back off the adjustment for the the emergency brake pads? You have to take out the rubber grommet to access the star wheel to back off the e-brake pads.

Lee

what i have done is spray wd-40 where the rotor meets the hud .... wait a few minutes and then whack the hub and try to work the fotor back and forth ... may need to spray a few times if they are really stuck on there

Back